Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Question for Node 605 Owners (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/65672-question-node-605-owners.html)

Birk March 11, 2014 08:01 AM

Question for Node 605 Owners
 
Hey, I'm looking to buy one of these this week for my HTPC>

Does anyone know if there is space between the front panel USB and the door for one of the tiny Logitech Unified wireless dongles? They don't stick out very far at all but I'm just checking clearance.

Thanks!

great_big_abyss March 11, 2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birk (Post 759292)
Hey, I'm looking to buy one of these this week for my HTPC>

Does anyone know if there is space between the front panel USB and the door for one of the tiny Logitech Unified wireless dongles? They don't stick out very far at all but I'm just checking clearance.

Thanks!


No, there is no space. The door sits flush against the aluminum when closed.

What's more, I found that for some reason, my dongles didn't work correctly when plugged into front panel USB. It is almost as if the huge mass of aluminum interfered with the signal reaching the dongle...and I tried a few different dongles, too!

The end result is I purchased a USB 2 hub for $10, set it on the TV stand, and that is what I plug my dongles into.

Don't let that detract you from purchasing this case, though. It is a minor inconvenience in an otherwise great case!

Birk March 11, 2014 08:21 AM

Awesome, Thanks for the info.

I have a cord that came with my G700s that puts about another 2 feet of space between the case and the dongle, I'll use that for the K400 dongle. Works for me!

sswilson March 11, 2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birk (Post 759295)
Awesome, Thanks for the info.

I have a cord that came with my G700s that puts about another 2 feet of space between the case and the dongle, I'll use that for the K400 dongle. Works for me!

A little bit off topic, but just a quick heads up on these new(ish) Logitech unified receivers for those not in the know.......

The great majority of new Logitech devices use the unified receivers but you need to download and run the software in order to consolidate devices onto a single receiver.

Logitech - What is Unifying?

great_big_abyss March 11, 2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 759296)
A little bit off topic, but just a quick heads up on these new(ish) Logitech unified receivers for those not in the know.......

The great majority of new Logitech devices use the unified receivers but you need to download and run the software in order to consolidate devices onto a single receiver.

Logitech - What is Unifying?

Yeah, I read that and did it when I bought it, as I have a Logitech mouse to accompany my K400r at times. Neat trick.

sswilson March 11, 2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 759297)
Yeah, I read that and did it when I bought it, as I have a Logitech mouse to accompany my K400r at times. Neat trick.

It is, but for some strange reason they don't include the software with the device so you've got to know to go looking for it. (or at least they didn't seem to include it when I got my first K400 ).

great_big_abyss March 11, 2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 759298)
It is, but for some strange reason they don't include the software with the device so you've got to know to go looking for it. (or at least they didn't seem to include it when I got my first K400 ).

They included a card with mine that said to go to the website to download the unifying software. Drivers didn't actually come bundled with the keyboard...which is okay, since I don't have an optical drive!

Birk March 11, 2014 08:42 AM

Not sure I understand.

I have a G700s and a K400 in the same room but different computers but they dont seem to interfere with eachother.

great_big_abyss March 11, 2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birk (Post 759300)
Not sure I understand.

I have a G700s and a K400 in the same room but different computers but they dont seem to interfere with eachother.

No, the idea is that if you want to plug a wireless keyboard and a separate wireless mouse into the same computer, you can use a single dongle using their unifying software.

Birk March 11, 2014 08:48 AM

OOH gotcha! that is pretty handy!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:14 PM.