Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21, 2014, 07:05 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default InWin 904 Case Review Comment Thread

InWin’s new 904 may not be one of the most eagerly anticipated cases to be released in the last few months but it is certainly one of the most unique.

Read (and watch) more here: InWin 904 Case Review
Old January 21, 2014, 09:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Pretty picture. But wow. Looks like an exercise in frustration.
Old January 21, 2014, 09:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This one doesn't do anything for me honestly. They could easily have had the same look with much more functionality if they took a few minutes to do an install in there. that 24 pin mess is a HUGE oversight IMO
Old January 22, 2014, 08:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I really like this case. I'm thinking it would be perfect for my wife. She is a Gamer just like me,but NEVER wants her rig overclocked etc. so cooling her GTX 780s, CPU etc. won't be a problem. I've been looking for something new and unique for her for quite a while now,and I think this will be the one. I'm waiting for input from my buddy Killswitch before I do the deed. If he agrees, we'll do it and, of course, post some pics.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old January 22, 2014, 09:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Looks very nice. I think its going to be a very small niche market though. I can only picture it appealing to someone with a large budget, after an elegant looking design, and that will set the computer up once and leave it for some time (not someone that is going to consistently upgrade). Doesn't come accross as an enthusist case due to cable management and limited cooling (low fan count, limited water cooling potential, and limited tower cooler room).
Old January 22, 2014, 10:09 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I really like this case. I'm thinking it would be perfect for my wife. She is a Gamer just like me,but NEVER wants her rig overclocked etc. so cooling her GTX 780s, CPU etc. won't be a problem. I've been looking for something new and unique for her for quite a while now,and I think this will be the one. I'm waiting for input from my buddy Killswitch before I do the deed. If he agrees, we'll do it and, of course, post some pics.
I do not agree!
If she wants clean and nice looking then get something from Fractal-Design.
This thing is absolute crap for any kind of gaming rig. Especially one with a hot X58 mobo and dual GTX780's.
Old January 22, 2014, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

X58 * 2x GTX780 = Oven

Same CPU temps as my i7 920 co/c1 with stock cooler ran at 3.82 Ghz maxed out as to yours at Idle in there.
Old January 22, 2014, 02:05 PM
Trial Member

I can't figure out what part of the market this case is intended for. Gaming enthusiasts? Nope, sure it will fit a couple of high-end video cards and a large tower cooler--but it can't provide them with proper airflow. Overclockers? Nope, limited cooling ability without serious modding. Someone needing lots of storage options? Nope, this case has less options for storage than some mini itx cases. Silent computing enthusiasts? Nope, small and restricted fan mounts will make the fans on all their other components run faster (and louder) to keep them cool. Budget builders? Nope, although this case would probably work just fine with budget components, it costs almost as much as the budget components they'd be putting in it. The only thing going for this case is that it looks cool. This is a poorly designed bottom of the barrel budget case made out of premium materials with a premium price tag to match.
Old January 22, 2014, 02:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

That case is spectacularly pretty. But the crappy MB power cable situation, wasted space and other issues kill it for me. It's nice, but sure as hell not $300 nice.

The optical bay on the bottom I'm indifferent about. For how often I use an optical drive I could just get a usb slim to have handy, and the cut out would be used to house controllers, flash drives or something. I'd want to have that case up top on the desk so I could look at it all the time, so a little cubicle wouldn't hurt.

For what it's worth, the things I would have like to have seen on this would have been;
- Change the rear panel to two sliding latches or something to make taking it on and off a breeze.
- Fix the fugly 24 pin situation, probably by adjusting some of the areas (rear clearance, hdd cage) that Dimitry pointed out.
- Maybe ditch the optical bay entirely to allow an intake fan/mesh on the bottom. It's not like it would affect the aesthetics of the case.

Maybe a V2 down the road will fix some of the shortcomings, but I can't help but think between the price and problems they're not going to move many of these cases off the shelf. Which is a bit of a shame because * 'oooooohhhhhh shiny' *
Old January 22, 2014, 02:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I feel this is sort of in the same market category as say the Train or Spider cases by Lian Li, its got looks but thats it. Good for someone whos got somewhere functional to have a computer but wants it to be appealing. It could have a use as a media PC if you decide to not go ITX