Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2014, 04:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
Looks like air is blown directly on to the CPU tower cooler, which means rotating your CPU cooler 90degress from normal (or moving the fans around) for it to work properly and then the two bottom fans exhaust the GPU out the case. Honestly, I'm confused how this is a good design for the cooling configuration, even though it is a pretty looking case. If you aren't looking to pack high(er) end enthusiast hardware, this looks like a pretty good case otherwise.
Top is an exhaust and bottom 2 are intake. Blows cool air directly on the gpu and sucks the hot air from your CPU out the top (I would rotate the CPU cooler so it is exhausting up). My only concern would be the amount of air that gets blocked by the GPU, which would stop a portion of the MOB from getting air flow.
Old January 12, 2014, 04:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luay79 View Post
It is being sold in the US by Rosewill.
Link for those that are interested. It is being sold as Rosewell from newegg.ca.........$219...ouch

Newegg.ca - Rosewill Legacy MX2-B Trio Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Newegg.ca - Rosewill Legacy MX2-S Trio Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Old January 12, 2014, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Link for those that are interested. It is being sold as Rosewell from newegg.ca.........$219...ouch

Newegg.ca - Rosewill Legacy MX2-B Trio Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Newegg.ca - Rosewill Legacy MX2-S Trio Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

$80-90 maybe .. $219 plus shipping. NO WAY!
Old January 12, 2014, 07:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's an aluminum case. You'll never see it under $150. At $219 it's less than the Fortress FT02.
Old January 12, 2014, 11:46 PM
MVP

Quote:
Top is an exhaust and bottom 2 are intake. Blows cool air directly on the gpu and sucks the hot air from your CPU out the top (I would rotate the CPU cooler so it is exhausting up). My only concern would be the amount of air that gets blocked by the GPU, which would stop a portion of the MOB from getting air flow.
My worries exactly.

You can see from the pictures that even the 120mm SS Argon is poking it's head out of the case so tower coolers are a no no. Either a lowprofile or a Liquid Cooler will do.

But I'm waiting for a review to see if any air will reach the top card -in an SLI/CF build- and the CPU. If the motherboard is rotated the problem will be solved theoretically.

The manual linked specified 2 80mm fan mounts but I couldn't find them......
Old January 13, 2014, 02:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Thats REALLLLLLLY trying hard ot make the two look the same. They aren't even CLOSE.. Ok maybe the brushed metal but that is it.
Really cos to me you make 2 changes (the "handles" curve front to back rather than side and non perforated front) and it's nearly identical to the image in the last page. The front panel, materials and style all scream mac pro to me.

Not saying it's bad.. just an observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luay79 View Post
My worries exactly.

The manual linked specified 2 80mm fan mounts but I couldn't find them......
Back panel

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...up-jonsbo3.jpg

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old January 13, 2014, 09:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

It looks good, but typical of this type of design a lot of height is introduced by the "handle/stand". It's screaming for my Dremel

I'd remove the handle, make a side window and put a Micro ATX board in there for some WC SLI action, including an addition of a 140mm fan hole for some 280mm radiator action at the top, because there SEEMS to be sufficient clearance for a 25mm thick fan plus 35mm radiator.

The case is very attractive IMHO and removing the bottom of that "loop stand" might cause some aesthetic friction though. For the price it's not bad. $219.00 for an all-alluminum case like this is somewhat par for the course.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old January 13, 2014, 09:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I don't care if they say top is exhaust. It makes 0 sense for top to be exhaust when there is no other way to get air in over the motherboard/CPU. The GPU sucks/blocks all of the air coming in from the bottom AND doesn't the PSU exhaust under the case, so why are we sucking up PSU exhaust?

Sure, I bet this case wasn't designed with a real high end GPU in mind....
Old January 13, 2014, 03:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

The upcoming FT05 is looking a lot more promising than this is.
Old January 16, 2014, 01:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Could always take a dremel and some game screws put a few 140 fans on side and suck in cool air right above video card so Mb gets own airflow.