Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2013, 07:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Anyone own a HAF XB EVO

I know there's been like 3 revisions with this case. I do believe EVO is the newest. If you've got one, how do you like it?
Old May 8, 2014, 03:20 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Bought it for my custom Nas Box. Love this lil Cube Perfect companion to my Cosmos II. Its perfect for a Nas Box. My lasr Qnap cost $699 emtpy and it was the 219pro. Transfer's were 20mbs on good day current Nas sits nicely above 200Mb.

But you wanna know good stuff bout case.

1.Surprisingly easy to work in once xdock is chucked in Garbage.
2.supports ATX boards/psu put a nice modular 850watt in mine.
3.Damn near silent. Removed stock fans in place of Noctuas.
4.cable tieing is nice in this case.
5.can Recreate a Borg Cube!
6.Doesn't break Bank or make wallet scream.
Old May 8, 2014, 06:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I use the non-Evo as my test bench. I like it, but a few things would've made it perfect for me.
- 140mm fans on the outside front can only be used without the entire front cover because the edge of the fan is hitting a piece of the plastic. I would've liked it if I was able to place the cover back when running a 280mm radiator in the front with push/pull fans.
- Thumbscrews for the expansion slots: it would be perfect if they used those tool-free locking in old CM cases even if its plastic so it is easier to swap out video cards instead of fumbling with thumbscrews. Thumbscrews are good for vertical tower cases because if it falls in, it falls into the PSU but if it falls in on a test bench, it falls into the components
- X-dock right in front of the power supply is annoying. It would've been better if the 5.25" drives were there so you can pass through your hand to plug in cables on modular power supplies. Plus, it is easier if the X-dock is on the left side because it is easier to plug in the molex and sata connectors there even if the 2.5" cage is on the way.
Old May 8, 2014, 06:13 PM
Rookie

I lost the link again. (idiot) SS wilson, please repost that link. I think the case is a no brainer @ $100.00.
Its extremely water cooler friendly and air is there, if you choose that route. I might be wrong, but it strikes me that GPU cooling should just rule on this case because of the orientation of the mobo. (being horizontal) so the vid card(s) are vertical.
Old May 8, 2014, 06:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
I lost the link again. (idiot) SS wilson, please repost that link. I think the case is a no brainer @ $100.00.
Its extremely water cooler friendly and air is there, if you choose that route. I might be wrong, but it strikes me that GPU cooling should just rule on this case because of the orientation of the mobo. (being horizontal) so the vid card(s) are vertical.
HAF XB WC Build

This isn't an EVO though, it's the initial release.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 8, 2014, 06:47 PM
Rookie

Thanks Bud. The Evo, is actually a step up, with the drive cage options. Better fans. The one thing that irks me is the same cheapass, easily breakable front plastic face. Not really a deal breaker. CM, has always been that way. I'm in between 4 jobs right now, so I'm holding off until the fall, before I spend money on a computer. (BBQ Season)
Old May 8, 2014, 07:28 PM
Top Prospect

$77 AR from NCIX, i'd wait for another sale if I were you