Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
Top Prospect

Default HAF X for watercooling?

So, I have the HAF XM and I bought this case BEFORE I got bitten by the watercooling bug.... and so forth then the HAF XM is getting a bit small for my rads and future expansions.

Now, I have this contact here where I live and he has the HAF X - and might be up for a trade - case for case. Even though his case is a few years old - do you guys think it would be a good trade?

I would go for something like a 750D etc. but at this time then the bank (wife... ) says no money for that now....

So my option would be a trade, I know that HAF series are meant for aircooling, but how good is the HAF X for RS360 rad + EX240 + RX120 - I would like to have them ALL in push pull, for ow in my HAF XM then I have them in only push.
Old November 17, 2013, 03:12 AM
Top Prospect

not anyone around for some advice?
Old November 17, 2013, 10:54 AM
MVP

I don't currently watercool in my HAF X, but it's an application I researched a lot before buying. It is recognized as an excellent case for watercooling. Its large size and array of mount locations allow for a lot of creativity.

I am not a fan of the HAF look, but I've used this case for three years regardless as it is so easy to work with: easy to work inside, easy to disassemble, easy to manage cables, etc. I even love the included optional wheels for hard floors.

IMO, at a practical level, it's hard to go wrong with this case.