Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2013, 01:03 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Need recomendations for a new case

Hey all ,the USB connections at the front of my AZZA case were pushed in breaking the card,So im thinking of replacing the case with a mid tower .Looking for recommendations of the cases you guys use.
CHEERS.
Attached Images

Old November 3, 2013, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Look at cases BY

Lian-Li
Corsair
Silverstone

Where do you live. ??
some cases are good less expensive in some areas.

EDIT : USA : Moutian mods and others.
Old November 3, 2013, 02:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Look at cases BY

Lian-Li
Corsair
Silverstone

Where do you live. ??
some cases are good less expensive in some areas.

EDIT : USA : Moutian mods and others.
I live in the KW area of ontorio so I have access to alot of retailers but this is a good start I will look into those brands

Old November 3, 2013, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

One off these might help.

Vantec 4 Port SuperSpeed USB3.0 Hub
Old November 3, 2013, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk View Post
Hey all ,the USB connections at the front of my AZZA case were pushed in breaking the card,So im thinking of replacing the case with a mid tower .Looking for recommendations of the cases you guys use.
CHEERS.
What features in particular are you looking for and what is your budget? If you list all of the features you require it would be easier for us to recommend particular cases otherwise you will get answers like "Lian-Li, Corsair, Silverstone", which are all great manu's but seeing that your old case was Azza I am guessing Lian-Li and Silverstone don't quite fit your style/price point.

I would have to say Corsair and Fractal Design are the top 2 for you to consider. Excellent price point for the features and quality and the range of aesthetics you should find at least one in there that suits you.
Old November 4, 2013, 09:45 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 is a great case, goes on sale often and comes with a tonne of features. I just replaced my old case with one of these and I am very happy.
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770K (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Crucial M500 480 GB SSD, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED
Old November 4, 2013, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have this case..Corsair Carbide AIR 540 Review Best damn case I've had. Super cooling options with air or liquid cooling set ups. Stock fans are almost silent. Take a GOOD look.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 4, 2013, 07:32 PM
MVP

If I was buying a standard mid tower case today I would probably get the Antec P280:
Antec Performance One P280 Case at Memory Express

I have seen some crazy good bundle deals on this case that include an Antec PSU at Memory Express.
Old November 4, 2013, 08:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I decided on a Fractal R4 and I like it. Very solid.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old November 4, 2013, 08:17 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
If I was buying a standard mid tower case today I would probably get the Antec P280:
Antec Performance One P280 Case at Memory Express

I have seen some crazy good bundle deals on this case that include an Antec PSU at Memory Express.
I have that case, I like the outside of the case... They left too little room in the top for a push pull rad. The front with all those hard drive bays are part of the support structure so you are gutting the front bottom if you want to do anything other then 3.5 hard drives. There are no SSD slots like in the Corsair R200. Cable management in behind the motherboard is not bad but brands like corsair have at least another .5" of space that make a world of difference. Its a sad because the outside of the case is my style very clean and nothing flashy.