Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1, 2013, 08:32 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case Review Comment Thread

Is there such thing as a perfect case? We'd like to think that's an unachievable goal but Phanteks' first case, the Enthoo Primo comes very, very close to offering everything en enthusiast could possibly want.

Read more here: Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case Review

Old October 1, 2013, 11:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Damn thats a good case... Not that anyone that not running a major water loop should even really think about it.

Not a big fan of the looks but damn it's got good features.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old October 2, 2013, 12:04 AM
MVP

agreed and at a cheaper price point than the 900d

I7 930@4.0ghz
3770K@ 4.8ghz
2500k @ 4.7ghz

SF101 HW BOT
Old October 2, 2013, 01:55 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I never see anything comparable to it. The sheer size and options are breathtaking.
It makes one remember the Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooler, that surpass pretty much anything that is out there:

Phanteks PH-TC14PE Review | techPowerUp

I was impressed when it blow the Noctua NH-C14 away: 60C compared to 81C - whoa!
(sadly, there is no Thermalright heatsinks in the test to compare...)

The more of Phanteks, the better. Definitively a great case a must for watercooling and pretty good for the aircooling of hi-end rig.
With removal of the reservoar bracket, there is plenty of room then.
Another idea could be make own reservoar bracket or mod (cut) the current one for two, there SLI/Crossfire configs with 13' cards. Whoa!
Old October 2, 2013, 02:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

To be fair it's a double tower you linked... wonder what it's like vs the Noctua NH-D14 But agree with the rest, nearly as cool as the H110 and quieter.

Would love to see what they can do in a slightly smaller full tower / mid tower. Styling could do with a bit of a revise (for me) but they could be a force to be reckoned with in the case market in the coming years..

Old October 2, 2013, 02:32 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Talking

/OT
Quote:
To be fair it's a double tower you linked...
Yes, that is true.
It is also true, that I more like fans, that direct the airflow from top to bottom, to the mainboard VRM components, that scream for any airflow.
But... a 20 degrees of difference?! Against Noctua hi-end heatsink? You gotta be kidding me. Awesome performance from Phanteks! And they seems to continue that amazing job with the cases too... OT/

And of course, a mid tower for aircooling from them will be a interesting move. But the market there is a bit packed and that does not allow for product to stand on top of their competitors w/o coming with serious pricetag, that would deter many. The compromises, the compromises...

This case did not seem to cut any corners at all, hence the pricetag. But it is a very nice case.
I like the white style of the NZXT Phantom 530 more, to be honest, but that is just my personal likings. There is hard to be found anything, that come close to this Phanteks Enthoo case for watercoolers. Just look at this thing!

Thanks SKYMTL / Dmitri for this very nice review. There is not much products directly aimed at watercoolers. Too small market :)
Old October 2, 2013, 04:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

With you on the 530, I have the 630 in white myself. And it's not like they are any slouches on features / water cooling options either.

Still not convinced on the styling.. The front panels "brushed" look just makes it look dirty and the window could have been done a bit better IMO.
I am very much function over fashion but when spending this much on a case you'll want it to look good too and for me this just doesn't.
Maybe a modded front and side panel would be called for but I've no idea how I'd make this look good.

Old October 2, 2013, 11:28 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks for the review. I really wanted to get this case until I went mod crazy with my Fractal DD XL R2. I will still consider getting this for sure since I have all the water cooling stuff that I can put in there.
Old October 2, 2013, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This will be my next case. Just impatiently waiting for it to come out.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 2, 2013, 06:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

For air or basic water it's overkill, but if your serious about water cooling this seems to be the case to have. Nice review.