Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31, 2013, 10:09 AM
Rookie

For anyone who's interested, I have a couple blemished matte black cases available. I had the side panels refinished, but the finisher ended up using the wrong "matte black". Overall, not very noticeable.

The side panels have a slightly more matte/textured look or feel, compared to the "Solar Black" black used on the rest of the case:
Old October 31, 2013, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

I saw this case and thought hmm not bad. Went to the website and saw the price tag of $95 and nearly died. If these were priced more towards the $45-50 range you would probably sell them like crazy.

But considering I can get a Node 304 from a reputable manufacturer for less than what you ask and have a mitx case that uses a standard psu with 6 hdd slots.. Your price is a bit high.

The only people who are going to buy these are those who want a niche case like Caselabs.

In fact if they were more $45ish I would easily buy 2 then I could use one to hold hard drives and the other for the board.
Old October 31, 2013, 11:03 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I saw this case and thought hmm not bad. Went to the website and saw the price tag of $95 and nearly died. If these were priced more towards the $45-50 range you would probably sell them like crazy.

But considering I can get a Node 304 from a reputable manufacturer for less than what you ask and have a mitx case that uses a standard psu with 6 hdd slots.. Your price is a bit high.

The only people who are going to buy these are those who want a niche case like Caselabs.

In fact if they were more $45ish I would easily buy 2 then I could use one to hold hard drives and the other for the board.
Hi enaberif,

Unlike most case manufacturers, these are not mass produced overseas. These are made here in Canada, in very small quantities. I'm not interested in selling large quantities of these at the moment. By keeping it local, I keep it as a hobby, and remain flexible to change the design and finish/colours as I wish.

You're right, this case is a niche product. I like it that way! :)
Old October 31, 2013, 11:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONE View Post
Hi enaberif,

Unlike most case manufacturers, these are not mass produced overseas. These are made here in Canada, in very small quantities. I'm not interested in selling large quantities of these at the moment. By keeping it local, I keep it as a hobby, and remain flexible to change the design and finish/colours as I wish.

You're right, this case is a niche product. I like it that way! :)
OH I know the costs involved with something like this which is why I'm only voicing my opinion.
Old October 31, 2013, 11:05 AM

My System Specs

Quote:

I disagree completely. $100 for a custom 100% aluminum ITX chassis seems extremely reasonable. This isn't cheap steel like the Node. Nor is it massed produced.
Old October 31, 2013, 11:16 AM
Rookie

Quote:
OH I know the costs involved with something like this which is why I'm only voicing my opinion.
It would be cool to be able to offer them around that $50 mark, so you could change colours/design every six months, or have a few like you mentioned. :) Unfortuantely, not likely to happen, unless I can find a way to simplify the design even further!
Old October 31, 2013, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Withe the vents on top and bottom, I would have it on feet with easily removable (maybe magnetic) dust filter and a fan one bottom and top..
Plenty of cooling for any itx build.

Nice lil case, Keep the clean look of it and I can see this selling.

Maybe have a slightly bigger version thats for gaming builds? Also a couple of ssd brackets would go a long way :)

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old October 31, 2013, 12:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Withe the vents on top and bottom, I would have it on feet with easily removable (maybe magnetic) dust filter and a fan one bottom and top..
Plenty of cooling for any itx build.

Nice lil case, Keep the clean look of it and I can see this selling.

Maybe have a slightly bigger version thats for gaming builds? Also a couple of ssd brackets would go a long way :)
Thanks!

I may do a larger one someday. I have a few customers using the Sapphire HD 7750 Low Profile in this case. I don't know much about gaming GPUs, but from what I've been told, this appears to be about the most that you can safely run on a picoPSU-160-XT.

While the case technically only supports two 2.5 inch SSD/HDD with a single bracket, two brackets could theoretically be attached back to back (double sided tape maybe?). It would be a tight fit though. I have thought about making a 3x or 4x 2.5 inch bracket, but seems most my customers are happy with the 2x bracket.

I also include three styles of case feet at the moment, while I try to figure out what people like best.
Old October 31, 2013, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONE View Post
Thanks!

I may do a larger one someday. I have a few customers using the Sapphire HD 7750 Low Profile in this case. I don't know much about gaming GPUs, but from what I've been told, this appears to be about the most that you can safely run on a picoPSU-160-XT.

While the case technically only supports two 2.5 inch SSD/HDD with a single bracket, two brackets could theoretically be attached back to back (double sided tape maybe?). It would be a tight fit though. I have thought about making a 3x or 4x 2.5 inch bracket, but seems most my customers are happy with the 2x bracket.

I also include three styles of case feet at the moment, while I try to figure out what people like best.
Join two of these cases together using screws or something and would probably work. Increase the price slightly and you'd probably sell more.
Old October 31, 2013, 02:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

But that's not the market he's shooting for with this particular case... there are folks (like myself) who want a case that's just large enough to fit a mITX motherboard with a little bit of extra room to be able to shoehorn a couple of ssds to side of it... that's it. If the M350 case I've got coming in doesn't do the trick there's a very good chance I'll grab one of these.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP

Tags
lone , mini-itx , picopsu