Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2013, 08:57 PM
Allstar

Well the PSU just looks like one of those 1U server unit so I don't think they will bother making a modular one. I'm surprise there's no front fan at all. Can you watercool with the regular Hadron since it looks like it got the hose ports and the mounting points.

Newegg.ca - SeaSonic SS-500L1U 500W Single Server Power Supply - 80PLUS Gold - Server Power Supplies
Old September 11, 2013, 11:25 PM
Top Prospect

Also like I said before - I wonder how the air flow in this case will be like being so small and no front fan.... And apparently then their watercooled versionmight even have a CUSTOM made water cooled unit... I sure hope that you could just slap a H100I on there - or better a 360 rad.. ^^ But I guess then it would not be very small....
Old September 12, 2013, 05:18 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It must be just me....whenever I look at the name, my mind switches around the "d" and "r"........
Old September 12, 2013, 05:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
It must be just me....whenever I look at the name, my mind switches around the "d" and "r"........
Hahah I've seen this comment a LOT on other sites. :P

You aren't alone.
Old September 13, 2013, 06:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I want one, ironically.

I think it would be a neat addition, and allow me to do something entirely new. Depending on cost of course.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 13, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA Hadron Air mITX chassis review - YouTube

HWC video review up.

Looks kinda cheap in terms of build quality and they opted not to go for one of the modular Seasonic server units. But I kind of expected it for their first foray into the market.
Old September 13, 2013, 01:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywork View Post
I am very interested in this case, but the non-modular PSU throws me off....Why would they not include that??!!

The space constraints between the end of the PSU and the front of the case with the angles they'd need is my guess. it would be tough for them to make a connection that could withstand the bending.

Personally I really wish motherboard and PSU manufactures would get together and figure out a way to make it so the 24 pin connection doesn't absolutely be a 180 degree cable twist! haha
Old September 13, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
EVGA Hadron Air mITX chassis review - YouTube

HWC video review up.

Looks kinda cheap in terms of build quality and they opted not to go for one of the modular Seasonic server units. But I kind of expected it for their first foray into the market.
Excellent review as always from Dimitry! That little case sure has a lot of flaws which should have been addressed. I really liked it before seeing the full review but not so much anymore.