LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2013, 12:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

Fugly!
Old August 31, 2013, 01:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep that really looks like a dumb idea, it would be nice if they moved away from the HAF look, they look like they're made for toddlers or someone with a low attention span.
Old August 31, 2013, 02:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Yep that really looks like a dumb idea, it would be nice if they moved away from the HAF look, they look like they're made for toddlers or someone with a low attention span.
Exactly. The original stacker and stacker 930 have sleek clean lines. This looks a kid with Lego got bored.
Old August 31, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It is not that ugly. It is no LianLi PC-G70 though.
I do like being able to toss on an extra box for more stuff.

The front just needs to be covered with 5.25" bays. It also needs a module thing filled with 5.25" bays and another one to fit a 480 radiator. :P
And also big flip-out feet on the bottom to keep it stabilized! :D
Old September 2, 2013, 07:23 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM MR HAF View Post
As I am the case designer you guys are pretty close. I don't want to reveal everything yet because our competitors could be copying as they have done in the past. This kind of chassis takes us 18 months to 2 years to create, and for 2 months of daily teaser pictures its quite a relief for us.
Appreciate your hard work. But with no disrespect, what competitor has copied Coolermaster chassis before? Not meant as an accusation, but an inquiry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
It is not that ugly. :D
Yeah, looks pretty alright once it's tricked out.

Cooler Master HAF Stackable Modular PC Case - Overkill & We Love it! - PAX Prime 2013 - YouTube

Gotta say I agree with AkG. Can't really see anyone in the masses buying this thing, and I'm talking some-what enthusiasts here; people that would shell out for a Cosmos 2 or 900D. I mean this thing has got to be in the 300$ range. Might be good for fringe builders who knows.

Definitely keep an eye out for the 915; looks like a potential rough-around-the-edges home server case.
Old September 2, 2013, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No disrespect to the designers, but I'm a minimalist... and this case is the absolute opposite of that spectrum. Not to mention, it seems like you have to buy a lot of bits and pieces just to get the intended result. That seems more like a marketing concept to get people to spend more money.
Old September 3, 2013, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That case just looks silly.
Old September 3, 2013, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by le2key View Post
Appreciate your hard work. But with no disrespect, what competitor has copied Coolermaster chassis before? Not meant as an accusation, but an inquiry.
There's got to be at least a dozen CM 690 ripoffs on the market and quite a few HAF series copies. After CM's previous OEM was no longer exclusively building for CM a ton of companies were suddenly entering the case market with HAF style knockoffs.

I don't see how this product will sell though, it's a great idea but marketed towards the wrong crowd IMO.
Old September 3, 2013, 11:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
There's got to be at least a dozen CM 690 ripoffs on the market and quite a few HAF series copies. After CM's previous OEM was no longer exclusively building for CM a ton of companies were suddenly entering the case market with HAF style knockoffs.

I don't see how this product will sell though, it's a great idea but marketed towards the wrong crowd IMO.
To me it looks like a HAF 932 with a purchasable top and bottom expansion bay.
Old September 3, 2013, 01:47 PM
MVP

It's hard for me to imagine a practical benefit to this system. So far, I've come up with:

- the ability to add storage capacity to a NAS system
- isolated hard drives in a NAS/HTPC hybrid
- isolated water cooling chamber