Old August 22, 2013, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioneater View Post
i can't figure this puzzle out.
COMPLETED Beware Java

arrange tiles till you full pic
Attached Images

Last edited by KaptCrunch; August 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old August 22, 2013, 11:14 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

IF it offers 13 front 5.25 bays (3x 3in4 adapater + 1 ODD), dual 230mm on top (for a H110 or Kraken X60), one 230mm on the side WITH a four bay 2.5' ssd bayinside....and a removable motherbard tray...AND quad USB 3.0 ports on the front...and a 2.5" ssd tray (ala the trooper) at the top then this will be interesting. Otherwise, cant see going back to the dust bunny heaven that was the original stacker series.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 22, 2013, 12:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I want to see something like this:

-Classy looking and not too large....ATX form factor please. The current HAF cases are NOT classy looking...all full of bumps and angles, etc. Think of the Corsair Obsidian series...
-No more 5.25" drive bays, please. Most of us don't use them, and those of us who want fan controllers can look elsewhere. Please, I just want an ATX case without a 5.25" drive bay
-Only one or two 3.5" HDD caddies. make them hotswappable, please. Four SSD caddies...also hot swappable.
-I want a hot swap bay on the top side of the case where I can slide in a naked drive and quickly transfer/copy files/perform backups without removing a side panel or reaching behind the case.
-Dust filters on ALL fan intakes and outlets. The exception would be the rear exhaust. Top exhausts definitely need filters. Easily removable, please.
-Elevated off the ground by a couple of inches. My case sits on carpet, and I don't want my bottomside intakes blocked.
-Many USB 3.0 ports on the top front edge of the case. I have lots of devices to charge.
-Windowed side panel is a must. Fans are not needed on the side panel, so please don't provide openings.
-Built in fan-hub a la NZXT is a great idea.
-Enough room for a double 110 Rad in push/pull on the TOP side of the case, contained within the case's confines.
-Grommeted cable management holes.
-All black cables. None of this multi-coloured front panel connector shit.

Is it too much to ask?

Edit:
-140mm rear exhaust.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;

Last edited by great_big_abyss; August 22, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old August 22, 2013, 01:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You know what I want to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
-Classy looking and not too large....ATX form factor please. The current HAF cases are NOT classy looking...all full of bumps and angles, etc. Think of the Corsair Obsidian series...
BIG. But classy like LianLi PC-G70. No doors!

Quote:
-No more 5.25" drive bays, please. Most of us don't use them, and those of us who want fan controllers can look elsewhere. Please, I just want an ATX case without a 5.25" drive bay
More 5.25" bays! I want them packed in from top to bottom and a couple at the top positioned vertically beside the main stack.(yes, they are in the way of screws for the other bays but there could be quickrelease system or something. Or you just put your short things like fan controller and card reader there.)

Quote:
-Only one or two 3.5" HDD caddies. make them hotswappable, please. Four SSD caddies...also hot swappable.
Needs moar 3.5" bays. internal trayless hotswap is nice. These could actually go vertically along the top with reasonable gaps for airflow. and the backplane does not get in the way of top exhaust.

Quote:
-I want a hot swap bay on the top side of the case where I can slide in a naked drive and quickly transfer/copy files/perform backups without removing a side panel or reaching behind the case.
Four vertically mounted external trayless hotswap bays on the bottom of the front beside the 5.25" bays. Actually I could see these needing a tray for thinner single platter drives. :/
Oh well, still external hotswap!

Quote:
-Dust filters on ALL fan intakes and outlets. The exception would be the rear exhaust. Top exhausts definitely need filters. Easily removable, please.
This! ^^^^^

Quote:
-Elevated off the ground by a couple of inches. My case sits on carpet, and I don't want my bottomside intakes blocked.
Nice big flip out feet like the old AT/ATX tower server cases for stability. Metal with beefy rubber bottoms is a must. With mildly adjustable positioning forward and back.

Quote:
-Many USB 3.0 ports on the top front edge of the case. I have lots of devices to charge.
These need to be in the centre of the front between the vertical 5.25" bays and vertical 3.5" bays. Some of us use cases on our desk and do not like having to stand up to plug everything in. And then when it is plugged in the cable makes a 180 turn back down to your desk and stresses the port&strain relief.

Quote:
-Windowed side panel is a must. Fans are not needed on the side panel, so please don't provide openings.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
-Built in fan-hub a la NZXT is a great idea.
With fan controller that can run 3amp+ fans on each channel.

Quote:
-Enough room for a double 110 Rad in push/pull on the TOP side of the case, contained within the case's confines.
I am thinking more like dual 480 rads side by side in push-pull with thick fans exhausting out the top.

Quote:
-Grommeted cable management holes.
^^^^^

Quote:
-All black cables. None of this multi-coloured front panel connector shit.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Is it too much to ask?
I know, right? It seems simple enough. :P

Oh, and because this case is big enough at least two inches of space behind the removable motherboard tray.
Old August 22, 2013, 01:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

I have the ORIGINAL stacker in my room :P
Old August 22, 2013, 01:27 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

As I am the case designer you guys are pretty close. I don't want to reveal everything yet because our competitors could be copying as they have done in the past. This kind of chassis takes us 18 months to 2 years to create, and for 2 months of daily teaser pictures its quite a relief for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
how creative is that with a count down to collect fraud likes

common CM do yourself a favor and let the masses design the case instead of cheap puzzle

and give credit to creator's, not this BS marketing

Cooler Master doesn't use public crowdsourcing to design our products. It's not like we don't collect feedback, we just do it more sophisticated. It happens privately through in person focusgroups, and our secret beta tester/survey site. Whenever you design a case for a committee you really can't make a bold case like the HAF or the Cosmos on time. You end up with a pretty generic box, because in the end its about a balance.
Old August 22, 2013, 01:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
More 5.25" bays! I want them packed in from top to bottom and a couple at the top positioned vertically beside the main stack.(yes, they are in the way of screws for the other bays but there could be quickrelease system or something. Or you just put your short things like fan controller and card reader there.)
Give us 'version A' of the case with the front panel covered with 5.25" bays, and Version 'B' of the case with a clean front panel design.

Quote:
Needs moar 3.5" bays. internal trayless hotswap is nice. These could actually go vertically along the top with reasonable gaps for airflow. and the backplane does not get in the way of top exhaust.
Fine! But make them all removable.

Quote:
These need to be in the centre of the front between the vertical 5.25" bays and vertical 3.5" bays. Some of us use cases on our desk and do not like having to stand up to plug everything in. And then when it is plugged in the cable makes a 180 turn back down to your desk and stresses the port&strain relief.
Split them between the mid front and the top face of the case. Give me some space on top of the case to rest devices.

Quote:
Oh, and because this case is big enough at least two inches of space behind the removable motherboard tray.
This!^^^^^^^^^^^

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old August 22, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

"generic' or 'bold' give me a case that can handle wihtout modding 20 hard drives and a ssd (preferably with hotswap BUT please for all that is holy make them SAS/SATA capable not just SATA) and I will be happy. Even if its a dustbunny heaven like the previous stackers...i would not care. :P

Edit:

CM really needs to expand its focus group. So far I have yet to see the perfect case for storage enthusiasts. Its not like 'we' are hard to please! We just have very specific needs that cross over nicely to the 'rest' of the enthusiast crowd. All that is lately coming out is 'gaming' chassis...which while nice are not the be all and end all for everyone. :(

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 22, 2013, 02:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Give us 'version A' of the case with the front panel covered with 5.25" bays, and Version 'B' of the case with a clean front panel design.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Fine! But make them all removable.
Deal! The internal 3.5" hotswap bays(incl backplanes) are split into separate modules each identical that mount with some thumbscrews. But you have to open up the far-side panel to disconnect the SATA&power cables running up behind the motherboard tray to the backplanes.

Quote:
Split them between the mid front and the top face of the case. Give me some space on top of the case to rest devices.
I have a better idea. All the ports are in a removable plate that you can toss into a hole in the top or the front panel! The case comes with space to route the wires and TWO blanks. That way if you need your system secure you can use a mobo-mounted power button or some other internal one and lock the outside of the case while filling both holes with the blanks.

As for tray on the top, can do. Right above the stack of 5.25" bays would work. the case is already longer than a 480 radiator. You could have it removable for different shapes or even full on docks for ipods/etc.
I personally would want that area flat, but not everybody does. And with 16 delta/nmb-mat fans on those rads they would send an ipod or flashdrive flying unless you had a dedicated smooth flat/concave spot.

You could also have an optional half-height(normal CD drive height) or FULL-HEIGHT( :D:D:D:D need moar full height 5.25" things) drawer in a 5.25" bay that when unused will sit flush with the front but open up to stow crap!

This case is sounding expensive but it would be 100% worth it. It also sounds like it would weigh 70lbs alone. :P It better have optional heavy duty casters to function as a desk-side!
Old August 22, 2013, 02:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh, and please make it look like this: