Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 23, 2013, 10:54 AM
MVP

My System Specs

She is a looker! The white actually suits it pretty well. I use some obsolete baige case for years, done unspeakable things to the poor thing:

Yet the baige color is still cool to look at. Not agresive, just ... cool.

But the NZXT Phantom 530 cool white looks stunning. Maybe the side pannel should be produced in different versions (like w/o the criticized add fan position), but any moder can cut the bottom metal bellow the net filter, so it will just get more airflow and remove of the unnecessary metal.

Never the less, the value is excelent and I like the videoreview a lot. The new Phantom is easy to work with and I think that the front panel intake is sufficient, given the fact, that it is a 200mm fan there... Who disagree, he can cut the front pannel even more to allow more airflow get into the case. I just only wonder, how noisy the fan it and how much can it be slowed down, so it will "just a bit spin" and provide slowly cool air.

This is definitively an amazing case.
Old September 25, 2013, 09:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas View Post
She is a looker! The white actually suits it pretty well. I use some obsolete baige case for years, done unspeakable things to the poor thing:

Yet the baige color is still cool to look at. Not agresive, just ... cool.

But the NZXT Phantom 530 cool white looks stunning. Maybe the side pannel should be produced in different versions (like w/o the criticized add fan position), but any moder can cut the bottom metal bellow the net filter, so it will just get more airflow and remove of the unnecessary metal.

Never the less, the value is excelent and I like the videoreview a lot. The new Phantom is easy to work with and I think that the front panel intake is sufficient, given the fact, that it is a 200mm fan there... Who disagree, he can cut the front pannel even more to allow more airflow get into the case. I just only wonder, how noisy the fan it and how much can it be slowed down, so it will "just a bit spin" and provide slowly cool air.

This is definitively an amazing case.
If the fans in this case are anything like historical NZXT Fans, you can take them to really low RPM if you have a decent enough controller that does it in small increments. I believe the last set of 200mm fans I had would go as low as 150-200rpm. You had to look at the fan to know it was on.

I agree that the front intake is just fine , opening it up more would probably give a negligible increase in cooling performance.

NZXT seems to be doing quite well in the Case department.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com