Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 15, 2013, 07:43 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Corsair Carbide AIR 540 Review Comment Thread

Corsair's Carbide AIR 540 is a unique case. It uses a distinctive dual chamber design which not only saves vertical space, improves airflow and houses large E-ATX motherboards.

Read and watch more here: Corsair Carbide AIR 540 Review

Old August 15, 2013, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I swear I watched and read this review weeks back here :S
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old August 15, 2013, 08:09 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

watched the video about a week ago and bought it because of the review.

great case absolutely love it.

Old August 15, 2013, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake_ View Post
watched the video about a week ago and bought it because of the review.

great case absolutely love it.

Damn that is friggen sexy good work
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old August 15, 2013, 08:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Damn that is friggen sexy good work
thanks
Old August 16, 2013, 12:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I really like the look of this case, but I'm with Dimitry on the space use on the backside. There's a lot more they could have done, and the side panels look like they could use some beefing up. I've never watercooled before so I'm not sure how layouts have to be set up, but is there maybe potential for pumps/resevoirs in that wasted space, or would it just not work there?

Hopefully a V2 in the future refines the idea to make it a really spectacular product. I think a case like this with the 90° motherboard idea from the Raven series would really shine for air cooling. I can definitely see this case being great for someone who wants to show off their components or cabling etc.
Old August 16, 2013, 02:50 AM
Trial Member

My System Specs

Talking

original and out of the box yep, a vertical CM HAF-XB

yep more noble material but the price is higher tho and it has the exact same number of ODD and HDD 3.5 slot (tho hot swap but not without opening the case) and MB tray is fixed.

"hoping the concurent will follow in" yeshhh Corsair is the follower in that case
Obviously stepping on a grenade doesnt hurt unless its a dual action trap or a grenade with the safety pin out ... wich would have explode before taking a step on it.

Last edited by Greiverblade; August 16, 2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old August 16, 2013, 04:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I bought one of these last week. It's sitting on my desk waiting for a hardware transplant from my Level 10 to this Air 540. I"m very impressed with the cooling options available in this case. I wouldn't do the Transplant without my buddy Killswitch,so once we get it done we'l post a couple of pics etc.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 16, 2013, 07:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

While I like most of this case there are a few things that would stop me from getting it. First why no rubber grommet on the bottom hole to the backside, all the others have it, and it should too. Second, drives or lack of space to put drives. While having the hot swap spots are nice there should be more available 3.5" bays. An example is how I could not put my current system into that case without jury rigging something as I have 3 things using 3.5" bays. Overall it is very nice and with a few minor revisions it could very easily be an incredible case, but it is not there yet.

Old August 16, 2013, 07:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I really like the case and the idea of it, but I wish it was implemented a little better. Why does this case miss simple features that the other mid-range corsair cases take for granted? I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to add a dust filter (I have a couple of 120mm dust filters sitting at home) to the powersupply intake, but why should I have to? The dust filter on the top of the case could be a non-issue, especially if you use a dual 120mm rad as an exhaust (which, if I ever upgrade, I'm thinking about getting an H100i).

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;