Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Phanteks Enthoo Primo availability? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/62470-phanteks-enthoo-primo-availability.html)

johnyappleseed1234 August 2, 2013 04:34 PM

Phanteks Enthoo Primo availability?
 
Anyone knows when this thing is out. I see that the specs are finally up on the site but still no date of availability. http://www.phanteks.com/assets/entho...primo_main.jpg

NSdeadly1 August 3, 2013 08:15 AM

Wow! I really like this.Kinda looks like a TT Level 10 and a Lian Li got it on and had a kid :haha:

rpjkw11 August 4, 2013 08:45 AM

Phanteks is saying September 1 for a release date. I've been watching this case for two months (originally promised for July). I'm waiting for reviews before I pull the trigger, but I've pretty well decided to get this case over the 900D.

Slik August 4, 2013 10:44 AM

^^ It looks like September alright. $250.00 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Chassis Will Hit the Market Next Month | Maximum PC

hero1 August 4, 2013 03:12 PM

I too have been waiting for this case so I can actually compare it with 900D and STH10 and SM10 from Caselabs. I so am leaning towards this and one of the Caselabs cases mentioned but the reviews of this case will decide it for me. I can't wait.

XNine August 16, 2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hero1 (Post 723028)
I too have been waiting for this case so I can actually compare it with 900D and STH10 and SM10 from Caselabs. I so am leaning towards this and one of the Caselabs cases mentioned but the reviews of this case will decide it for me. I can't wait.

Word of advice, Don't read the Anand article. It's atrocious. This case deserved so much better in a review.

NSdeadly1 August 17, 2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XNine (Post 724921)
Word of advice, Don't read the Anand article. It's atrocious. This case deserved so much better in a review.

And what's wrong with the Anandtech review? I see absolutely nothing wrong with anything they said in that article. They actually gave it pretty decent praise and said there were very few things to complain about other than the cover plate being in the way of graphics cards and the front fans being slightly restricted. :blarg:

XNine August 17, 2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSdeadly1 (Post 724973)
And what's wrong with the Anandtech review? I see absolutely nothing wrong with anything they said in that article. They actually gave it pretty decent praise and said there were very few things to complain about other than the cover plate being in the way of graphics cards and the front fans being slightly restricted. :blarg:

Where do I begin?

The fact they used a chassis MEANT for custom watercooling and put low end, budget hardware and aircooling in it? The awful photography with reflections of the guy's lunch.... The complaint that it "cost a lot." The rats nest of wiring the reviewer had. The GPU isn't restricted, there's a few mm between it and the front plate. The front plate is designed for reservoirs, and if you don't like it, you remove it. As far as air restriction, it's pretty much a myth. Air is all around us, it's even in the ventilation areas and it's got opening on both sides, the front, and the bottom for air intake on the front panel.

If you're going to get and review an enthusiast grade chassis, that's designed for watercoolers, then you need to review it as such and give it the attention to detail it deserves, not just throw your crap in there.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:32 AM.