Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2013, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Default Convince Me to Keep This Case....

Bought this beast a little while ago and finally got around to opening it up. Now I'm kicking myself for buying white instead of black. Please convince me that I should keep this or help me decide what I should trade it for.

Yes, I'm an impulsive lunatic

Old June 26, 2013, 07:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Personally I think the window is far worse than the color of the case. :P

If you don't like it. Sell it.
Old June 27, 2013, 02:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

White is exactly what I am going to go for... Wish we were closer.. I'd take it off your hands lol.

The way I see it it's simple.. if your going to build for looks you have to be very happy with it..
I'd return it if your not but I think withe red and black would be an awesome looking colour scheme.

But it very much your personal choice.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old June 27, 2013, 04:43 AM
Rookie

Return, get a 650D
Old June 27, 2013, 10:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Personally I think the window is far worse than the color of the case. :P

If you don't like it. Sell it.
Yea, I'd also prefer a single, larger window. Luckily, NZXT sells the 810 side panel for about $30+shipping which isn't too crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
White is exactly what I am going to go for... Wish we were closer.. I'd take it off your hands lol.

The way I see it it's simple.. if your going to build for looks you have to be very happy with it..
I'd return it if your not but I think withe red and black would be an awesome looking colour scheme.

But it very much your personal choice.
Well, I've been flip-flopping on the red, white and black colour scheme for a while now. I just don't know how well the white case goes with my Z77 Sabertooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top1105 View Post
Return, get a 650D
Would that I could. I waited too long and 14 days is well past. Hopefully there's someone out there wanting to trade for a black Phantom or maybe a Corsair case.
Old June 27, 2013, 11:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Well this case looks nice and it's still an expensive case, you could be a poor guy like me and have a small ugly case :/

Hm what else...Maybe that case already loves you,keep it....

Or just paint it xD
Old June 27, 2013, 07:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Component wise, if you go all-out black, the little bit of brown and beige from your Z77 Sabertooth mobo will NOT look bad at all, inside that white Phantom. The dark colors will actually accent the white case quite nicely - and vice versa. Personally, I would grab almost any white NZXT full tower cases for my home machine, to replace the current CM 690 II; but I am too cheap :) That case should go quite nicely with NZXT's HALE white-colored PSUs.

Personally, I do like Corsair products esthetically (and a bit less "fantastic plastic" compared to NZXT), but don't get sucked into the Corsair band-wagon; I did with a 500R and man what a disappointment, quality-wise for the price I paid for that case, it was not worth the money.
Old June 27, 2013, 08:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
Component wise, if you go all-out black, the little bit of brown and beige from your Z77 Sabertooth mobo will NOT look bad at all, inside that white Phantom. The dark colors will actually accent the white case quite nicely - and vice versa. Personally, I would grab almost any white NZXT full tower cases for my home machine, to replace the current CM 690 II; but I am too cheap :) That case should go quite nicely with NZXT's HALE white-colored PSUs.

Personally, I do like Corsair products esthetically (and a bit less "fantastic plastic" compared to NZXT), but don't get sucked into the Corsair band-wagon; I did with a 500R and man what a disappointment, quality-wise for the price I paid for that case, it was not worth the money.
Hmm... I was thinking about black and blue or black and red on the inside. The case has built in RGB LEDs so the lighting allows for either scheme.

Decisions, decision!