Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8, 2013, 09:50 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Default Best fan configuration for HAF X?

Any HAF X owners out there have advice for fan configuration?

I have the optional 200mm fans installed, my back fan has been replaced by the Corsair H80 water cooler for my CPU... I have the 2 top fans drawing air up, the side fan blowing onto the gfx card and of course the front fan drawing air in...

My gfx card tends to get a bit warm for my liking on hot days. The 2nd diode will inch towards 90 degrees but to my knowledge hasn't got there yet... but of course the really warm weather is just on it's way.

My PSU was giving me some heat issues (because the fan was pulling air and pointing it right at the GTX 590), but I've switched it and it seems to be doing a lot better. Still gets upwards of the high 80s.

Anyone have some advice for different fan configurations?

It's not the common man that's important at all. It's the uncommon man.

Last edited by Konstantinov; June 8, 2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: fan correction
Old June 10, 2013, 07:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Air in from the front and side,and air out through the top and rear.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old June 10, 2013, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Air in from the front and side,and air out through the top and rear.
Agree.
Old June 10, 2013, 02:21 PM
Rookie

Side as intake, back as exhust, front intake. top two can either be out or in. Some said they do get better 2-3c different with top as intake.

I used the VGA vent thing with a 120mm fan, it drops the video card by 5c on my HD7970. and before this, I had a 140mm fan on top of the psu, blowing air straight up to the video card, did the same thing as the VGA vent. With both of them together, I still get the same temp :P
Old June 11, 2013, 04:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinouchie View Post
Side as intake, back as exhust, front intake. top two can either be out or in. Some said they do get better 2-3c different with top as intake.

I used the VGA vent thing with a 120mm fan, it drops the video card by 5c on my HD7970. and before this, I had a 140mm fan on top of the psu, blowing air straight up to the video card, did the same thing as the VGA vent. With both of them together, I still get the same temp :P
140mm fan on top of the psu? Do you mean above it, or did you have it directly above to psu fan?
Old June 12, 2013, 12:33 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinouchie View Post

Was this easy to install? I get the basic concept, but the thing seemed kinda... flimsy, for lack of a better word.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Going to try to switch around the top fans and see what variations in temperature I get.

It's not the common man that's important at all. It's the uncommon man.
Old June 12, 2013, 07:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
140mm fan on top of the psu? Do you mean above it, or did you have it directly above to psu fan?
I just set the 140mm fan flat on top of the psu, it's not mounted or anything.

So like this XD

/\
||
air
[=FAN=]
| PSU |
|________|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinov View Post
Was this easy to install? I get the basic concept, but the thing seemed kinda... flimsy, for lack of a better word.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Going to try to switch around the top fans and see what variations in temperature I get.
Well the vent thing is easy to install, too bad I have taken my rig apart already, or else I could take a pic for you. As I was saying, I just left the 140mm fan on top of the psu, it's not mounted or anything, so yea.