Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Need a huge case for watercooling help

Im looking for a massive case my budget is about 400 for a case. Im interested in a corsair 900d. seems like it would fit my needs, money isnt the object, i dont care to save money on a case. while an Switch 810 seems nice for the money i dont find it fits my needs. im looking for the case with room to grow, i plan on Tri-fire everything water cooled mobo, ram, cpu and 3 gpu. I currently own a Haf-X while i love it and the water cooling on it has been great for my first build it isnt big enough. Any personal experience pics, threads posts would be great to help me in this decision
Old May 15, 2013, 01:56 PM

My System Specs

About $400? How about $439? If so I'd suggest looking at the LD PC-V7. IMO it is the best watercooling case there is.

LD Cooling Little Devil PC-V7 280/420 Mid-Tower Case - Black - FrozenCPU.com
Old May 15, 2013, 05:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't see how this LD is better than the 900D. It seems to be blown out of the water in every category, and costs more.

Where are the magnetic dust filters? Where is dual PSU support? Where are the rubber grommets? Can I fit 3xquad 120mm and a single 140mm and a single 360mm rad with room for dual pump and dual reservoirs? What about 10 slot support? Hotswap bay? Integrated cable clamps?

Check out this vid on the 900D : Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Case - 4 Radiators, 3 GTX 670's, 23 Fans | Tek Syndicate

I think the 900D is the #1 WC case right now for around 400 bucks. Caselabs still make the best imo, but they need a ton of modding to make them nearly as user friendly as the corsair. Much better if you want to do a lot of custom work.

MAGNUM STH10 - CaseLabs Store
Old May 15, 2013, 05:59 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
I don't see how this LD is better than the 900D. It seems to be blown out of the water in every category, and costs more.

Where are the magnetic dust filters? Where is dual PSU support? Where are the rubber grommets? Can I fit 3xquad 120mm and a single 140mm and a single 360mm rad with room for dual pump and dual reservoirs? What about 10 slot support? Hotswap bay? Integrated cable clamps?

Check out this vid on the 900D : Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Case - 4 Radiators, 3 GTX 670's, 23 Fans | Tek Syndicate

I think the 900D is the #1 WC case right now for around 400 bucks. Caselabs still make the best imo, but they need a ton of modding to make them nearly as user friendly as the corsair. Much better if you want to do a lot of custom work.

MAGNUM STH10 - CaseLabs Store
A 3x140 + a 2x140 is more frontal surface area than a 4x120 + 3x120 w/ less noise.

Magnetic dust filters and the cable management clips are cool. But the case is ugly IMO. Dual PSUs is useless this day in age. Support for HPTX is something I avoid as it adds too much empty wasted space. Grommets are something I'd avoid as they are eyesores. The Little Devil is also all entirely powdercoated aluminum. Not painted pressed steel and plastic everywhere.
Old May 15, 2013, 06:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Entirely valid point. The LD case looks more professional for sure. However, it also has room for a 3x140 radiator, actually three of them!

Powdercoated aluminum looks much better than steel.
Old May 15, 2013, 10:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

If I was to spend $350-450 on a case then I would definitely get the LD or SM8 from Caselabs. Better overall quality and size. Spend wisely my friend. Or you can just save your money and run 2x360 + 1x140 on the new upcoming NZXT H630.
Old May 16, 2013, 01:20 AM
Trial Member

Default WC case

CaseLabs. True you don't get fans and filters, but the quality and customer service are very impressive. You can design your build any way you want and radically change it in the future if needed. The Corsair 900 does look good, but I don't think the build quality is comparable to CaseLabs. I have an M8 and am obviously biased, but you should definitely check out their products.
Old May 16, 2013, 01:29 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I will thanks everyone, i don't mind going over budget if it ment i got the best case possible. really is mostly for all the water cooling i will do. LD PC-V7 looks nice , can u remove the drive cages? the case labs build quality seems nice. how is the functionality? is there any big reason that the 900d is bad?