Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2013, 11:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default NZXT H630

Wondering if anybody has any more info about this case. Good thing I haven't bought a 900D yet as this case looks awesome. Much better than the Phantom 630. Waiting for some reviews of it.

H630 - NZXT

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 12, 2013, 02:38 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I am in the exact same boat. I was looking at the very expensive but amazing 900D and the Fractal Xl R2 as a replacement for my K62 and have been holding off because it's either too expensive or lacking features.
This H630 might just be the right fit, with some minor modifications.
Old May 12, 2013, 02:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

What makes me happy is to see how far along NZXT has come in these short years. Many used to laud (even at me for liking them on day 1) and are now singing praise to the company for its innovation.
Kudos to you NZXT, I can't wait to see what they have for us next (pun intended).

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 12, 2013, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice. Did you watch the tube vid for it? They must have liked Bioshock Infinite too. Would have been cool if they paid to have that ad in the kinetoscope.
Old May 12, 2013, 05:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Here. I had this posted on a wrong forum... Shhh... NZXT launches its next-generation silent PC chassis, the H630 :: TweakTown

I want this case and it's the reason I have my Fractal Design Define XL R2 for sale. Woohoo!

Last edited by Soultribunal; May 12, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old May 12, 2013, 08:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Now it's just a waiting game. I am going to jump at this thing as soon as ncix or memory express has it in stock, whichever is faster.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether 2 x 140mm or 3 x 120mm would produce the better noise to airflow ratio for the front intake?
Old May 12, 2013, 09:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa seba View Post
Now it's just a waiting game. I am going to jump at this thing as soon as ncix or memory express has it in stock, whichever is faster.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether 2 x 140mm or 3 x 120mm would produce the better noise to airflow ratio for the front intake?
Two 140's by far is the better alternate. They can spin slower yet move the same amout or more air.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 12, 2013, 09:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think 3x120 is better but I will be mounting a a 63mm thick 360mm radiator up top for GPUs and 55mm thick 240mm radiator at the front CPU. This way I can have the bottom and rear fans as intake and will exhaust through the top and front. I just cant' wait.
Old May 13, 2013, 09:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

As far as area goes 3 120mm fans is slightly larger.

I am surprised how many people are excited about this case.

I Like that it is more than half the price of the 900D but still has a lot going for it. The io lighting, that it supports 2 360mm rads, 2 ssd mounts on the back, nice clean look, and noise dampening. Only downside is no casr window option yet. I wouldn't mind an option to buy a windowed side panel.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

This looks a like a nice case....BUT the Solid. Front. Fascia. is still there! Sticking a rad in an area with already high static pressure requirements is a recipe for poor performance! If it had a mesh front, this would be my next case (assuming the hdd adapaters are decent that is) but as it stands...i would be harded pressed to find a reason to own one. Even if they had gone with THREE 5.25 bays you could stick a 120mm adapter there and get some GOOD air into the case for the upper rad....but as it stands it looks good, but I do have to wonder about temperatures.

IMHO Poor air flow == high temps for air cooling crowd. Poor air flow == high water temps in wc loops. This is a BIG issue IMHO.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr