Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16, 2013, 10:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Bump. Anyone answer if you can fit a H100 in this WITH the 200mm top fan still in-place?
No it will not fit. You need to remove the 200mm fan and then install the H100. I am sorry it took so long to get you an answer.
Old July 16, 2013, 08:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I serious just wish this case didn't have the 200mm fan holes in it to avoid hot air bouncing back into it since the rads aren't wide enough to cover the leftover space. And the top should have definitely been given ventilation on both side instead of left and back. Other than that, it's an awesome case.
Old July 17, 2013, 01:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hot air bouncing back in... um.. what? You should have positive pressure anyway to stop dust being sucked in through any part of the case anyway but besides the air-flow would prevent anything like this.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old July 17, 2013, 12:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Hot air bouncing back in... um.. what? You should have positive pressure anyway to stop dust being sucked in through any part of the case anyway but besides the air-flow would prevent anything like this.
I got to see the case in person. The top doesn't have enough ventilation imo and the huge cutouts to mount 200 mm fans will cause some of the hot air to be trapped in the upper chamber. Take a look at the photos they have on their website and you'll see what I am talking about.
Old July 17, 2013, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Crap.. wrong case... It's the P630 I'm looking at.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old July 17, 2013, 01:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Crap.. wrong case... It's the P630 I'm looking at.
Ah, I see. The H630 is good but I think it's safe to say that modding the top panel will be a good thing once you buy it if you really want excellent cooling. I don't get why they had to overdo the top panel and make the case water cooling ready. That and the 200 mm fan mounts are extremely unnecessary. I hope they make a revision because if I buy it then I'd have to mod it and I really would want to do that. So it's a pass for me.
Old July 18, 2013, 09:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Ah, I see. The H630 is good but I think it's safe to say that modding the top panel will be a good thing once you buy it if you really want excellent cooling. I don't get why they had to overdo the top panel and make the case water cooling ready. That and the 200 mm fan mounts are extremely unnecessary. I hope they make a revision because if I buy it then I'd have to mod it and I really would want to do that. So it's a pass for me.
Why do you feel that the 200mm fan mounts are unnecessary?
Old July 18, 2013, 09:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
I think the 200mm mounts (now that they are actually 200mm , and not 192 to mess us up before) are perfect.
The bigger the fan, the slower it turns to move the same air as smaller ones. Makes for solid cooling at lower noise levels. For what the case is, I am satisfied with it. Not my forte personally, I'm long awaiting them to re-make my Apollo.

NZXT-Eric - ^^^^^ Tell your engineers to get on that okay? :)

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 18, 2013, 11:56 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZXT-Eric View Post
Why do you feel that the 200mm fan mounts are unnecessary?
I guesss it's a personal taste for me. I'd rather have 140mm fan holes as the max. I wouldn't mind mounting the 2x200 mm fans in the front for intakes though.
Old July 18, 2013, 12:55 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I think the 200mm mounts (now that they are actually 200mm , and not 192 to mess us up before) are perfect.
The bigger the fan, the slower it turns to move the same air as smaller ones. Makes for solid cooling at lower noise levels. For what the case is, I am satisfied with it. Not my forte personally, I'm long awaiting them to re-make my Apollo.

NZXT-Eric - ^^^^^ Tell your engineers to get on that okay? :)

-ST
I'll bring it up to them..