Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2013, 01:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

They should have the front panel perforated on both sides and not just the right side. That way you get more air in. I have a FDD XL R2 and it is awesome at cooling because of the perforations on both side of the front panel and the bottom. On the other hand, If I was to go with the setup I envision, then there should not be any issue with cool air coming in as 3x120m fans will be more than enough.

Also, the 3x120mm is better than 2x140mm because you are dealing with 360mm of surface area compared to 280mm. That is 80mm more and should provide better cooling too. Nonetheless, 2x140mm or 280mm rad is more than enough for cooling a CPU. I just want the reviews already and release date.
Old May 13, 2013, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That is why I am waiting for reviews.

@Hero1

120x120x3=43200
140x140x2=39200
Difference= 4000 or less than 10%.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 13, 2013, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Not only is it a solid fascia for the front.. why the hell would you put the usb ports on the right side of the case?

Its a left side opening case like every other major case out there and most people put these on the right side of their desk or on the floor and completely defeats the purpose.

I give them credit for having a ton of openings and parts to be removed to allow for a fairly fairly case for internal changes.

But I'm still not a fan of these guys.
Old May 13, 2013, 05:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

@belgolas
That's big difference if it comes to cooling. Anyways, it's a nice and please stay away from math lol. I think we all are waiting for the reply.
Old May 13, 2013, 08:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I was told there would be no math! :) Thanks for the advice and calculations!
So then 3 x 120mm will provide somewhat more airflow than 2 x 140mm.
Bu then, if I am to mount wheels on this thing as I had done to my precious K62 and henceforth creating a possible air intake situation at the bottom, I could put 2 x 140mm in the front and 1 x 140mm at the bottom and hence have 3 x 140mm for intake. And then 2 x 140 on top as well as my h80i as exhaust at the back. Hm.
So, if wheels = 3 x 140mm
If as is = 3 x 120mm.

Now we must wait for Dimitry to get his fingers on one of these beasts.
Old May 13, 2013, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

NZXT sure took a step back on their aesthetics with this case.
Old May 14, 2013, 03:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dang it stop posting all the flaws with the case...

Ya the usb ports on the right is a failure. Still if everything else looks good I might still pick it up. Although the 900D is still an option.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 14, 2013, 09:32 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hello everyone. Here's a review and it's good except for a couple of things. AnandTech | NZXT H630 Silent Case Review

Someone on AT mentioned that the cage needs to be removed as have been done with other cases to optimize airflow, as it would be done by most of us. Second, I think they should relocate one of the fans to the top for exhausting the air. I am buying this case so someone grab mine lol!
Old May 14, 2013, 09:55 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Well, you guys know me by now, no marketing BS from me. I'll tell you straight.

The airflow from the right side of the front panel should be more than adequate without creating any kind of wobble to fans coming from two areas.

The top panel and front panel are made of steel, not plastic. So, modders, get your dremels out.

The front and top will support 360mm radiators. The front, bottom front, and bottom rear all have fan filters as well.

Maybe it's just me, but I would call a $150 case a "budget" case? Maybe I just disagree with Anand as I've bought CaseLabs, Silverstone, Lian Li and others in the past? Enthusiasts be damned!

So. Other than that, any questions?
Old May 14, 2013, 10:03 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Damn straight. A budget case that saves me 300 from buying the Merlin SM8. This is how cases should be built. I posted a comment months ago on tomshardware detailing my dream case and you guys nailed it. You owe me royalty fees lol.

I don't think anyone is going to mod this case and if they do it's going to be for adding a side window. However, we would have preferred the USB and Audio ports are the top as usual but I know why you have it to the side: It's so that you reduce the potential impedance with mounting the 360mm radiator up top.

I want this case now. My FDD XL R2 does the job but I want to be able to build custom watercooled rig without spending too much.

And the comment about perforations on both sides, well that was from me and there wouldn't be any wobbles if you had it but I think the air coming from one side should be adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Well, you guys know me by now, no marketing BS from me. I'll tell you straight.

The airflow from the right side of the front panel should be more than adequate without creating any kind of wobble to fans coming from two areas.

The top panel and front panel are made of steel, not plastic. So, modders, get your dremels out.

The front and top will support 360mm radiators. The front, bottom front, and bottom rear all have fan filters as well.

Maybe it's just me, but I would call a $150 case a "budget" case? Maybe I just disagree with Anand as I've bought CaseLabs, Silverstone, Lian Li and others in the past? Enthusiasts be damned!

So. Other than that, any questions?