Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Need a new case (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/61005-need-new-case.html)

ern88 May 1, 2013 11:32 PM

Need a new case

Good day,

I am looking at getting a new case. Even a new PSU. I currently have a Antec 900 gamer ver 1 mid case. And I can't stand the cables all over the damn place. It's time for an upgrade with a case that has cable management. I would probably stay with a mid size. But something with good cooling and air flow. I also have a PC Power and Cooling Siliencer 610 PSU. It works great. But it's pushing 5 years of service. Any idea's on an upgrade? I must admit the 610 is one of the best PSU's I have ever owned. You can check out my full setup by clicking on my specs. Thanks. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

misterd May 2, 2013 05:17 AM

I went from an Antec 900 to a Corsair 600T and have had no qualms. Cable management is great in it. I think I would probably go the 350D route myself now, I don't use much in the way of expansion slots anymore. Sadly after OCZ bought PCP&C the name has lost it's appeal. You can't go wrong with a Seasonic or Corsair modular power supply. Unless you change your setup a lot a ~600W unit is plenty for what you're running now. Good luck.

igot6strings May 2, 2013 05:47 AM

Corsair c70. Its $99 at ncix now but if you pm it at memoryexpress its dirt cheap at $87.
Corsair Vengeance C70 High Airflow Mid-Tower Case, Arctic White at Memory Express
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 High Airflow Mid-Tower Case ATX 3X5.25 6X3.5INT 2XUSB3.0 No PS White

LoTech May 2, 2013 06:08 AM

case

I to have the Corsair 600T in white and have no issues. I also have the ax850 PSU from corsair. Again no issues. If you want some pics, PM me. Good luck!!

genericllama May 2, 2013 09:16 AM

Fractal design's cases have GREAT cable managment. I got the Define R4 for my father's i7 build, used a semi-modular psu aswell. My case is a complete mess in comparison.

IRQ Conflict May 2, 2013 01:38 PM

I agree. I just did a rebuild with a Fractal Design MIDI R2. Hiding the cables from my non modular PC P&C 750 Quad was a breeze with it.

BlueByte May 2, 2013 02:53 PM

Personal aesthetics aside corsair has really been doing a rock solid job on their cases. I now keep a couple of 200Rs handy for low end builds. I experimented with bitfenix and fractal, $ for $ spent the corsairs seemed better built to me with more room behind the board for cable management. I have my last Antec I will use until they redesign their cases. The P280 I think externally is perfection for clean and accessible. Downside is its a 10 year old design on the inside.

Pabz0r545 May 2, 2013 04:19 PM

You really can't go wrong with Corsair or Fractal Design. I've owned both and they were both amazing cases. Also built a couple for friends in Corsair cases.

Dzzope May 2, 2013 04:59 PM

Check out the review units in the BST section... am sure you can find a steal in there (the Fractal or the NZXT would be my picks)

As for PSU a decent 5-600 W gold seasonic based unit will last you a good while.
Or the NZXT ones (hale 90?) check out the thread in PSU's for an awesome customer support story..

/edit, actually the NZXT is gone.. but the CM Scout is pretty damn good too... check the reviews.

ern88 May 3, 2013 12:37 AM

Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate it. I guess I have some thinking to do. I will let you know what I get. It wont till probably a month. Because I am away. :thumb: