Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9, 2013, 08:23 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced Review Comment Thread

The original Scout was one of the most highly regarded gaming cases when it was first released. Now, Cooler Master has introduced the Scout 2 which is available in standard and a so-called “Advanced” configurations, both of which aim to improve upon the original in nearly every way possible.

Read more here: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced Review
Old April 10, 2013, 05:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Ironically I own a case before the HWC review goes up.
I can say personally speaking that the Scout 2 is a step in the right direction from its original pedigree. Using metal instead of plexi on the side panel to mount the fans ended a lot of vibration the original scout had.

Internal space and management is good for a mid tower, I have had some minor issues with my own (vibration from top fan positions, installing fan controllers) but overall it is well worth the $$$ spent.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 10, 2013, 05:42 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I like the looks of the original better.
Old April 10, 2013, 05:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I have been looking for a case to rep[lace my HAF-922 that's a pain to haul around for LANs(5-6 times a year but still...).

This one was high on my list and now it's on the "to buy" soon list.

Good stuff HWC!
Old April 10, 2013, 05:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllz View Post
I have been looking for a case to rep[lace my HAF-922 that's a pain to haul around for LANs(5-6 times a year but still...).

This one was high on my list and now it's on the "to buy" soon list.

Good stuff HWC!
The handle and supports are absolutely solid, you will love hauling it around. And it feels sturdy as a whole, the reason you want is was the same as mine. And for that, you won't be disappointed.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 12, 2013, 08:10 PM
Top Prospect

I love his reviews. There the best video reviews on the net.