Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   NZXT Phantom 630 Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/60016-nzxt-phantom-630-review-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL March 4, 2013 07:43 PM

NZXT Phantom 630 Review Comment Thread

NZXT's Phantom series is both popular and polarizing but there's no denying these cases are also well designed. The latest iteration, the Phantom 630, incorporates the DNA of past designs but does so at a lower price point, making it infinitely more accessible for budget minded gamers.

Read more here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...30-review.html

kingnubian March 4, 2013 09:53 PM

Just tonight I started my personal PC build using the Phantom 630 in Matte Black.
This is the finest case I have ever used. The cable routing, cooling and component location options are fantastic. Build quality, except for the aforementioned hard drive caddies which once the drives are installed can be forgotten, is excellent. The fan controller setup is also heads and shoulders above what I've seen in any other case.

I waited for this case to be available because I knew it would be the one to easily hole my Kraken X60 even in push/pull if need be.

In summary this case is a joy.

Dimitry49 March 4, 2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingnubian (Post 694392)
Just tonight I started my personal PC build using the Phantom 630 in Matte Black.
This is the finest case I have ever used. The cable routing, cooling and component location options are fantastic. Build quality, except for the aforementioned hard drive caddies which once the drives are installed can be forgotten, is excellent. The fan controller setup is also heads and shoulders above what I've seen in any other case.

I waited for this case to be available because I knew it would be the one to easily hole my Kraken X60 even in push/pull if need be.

In summary this case is a joy.

I totally agree! The case is a breeze to work in, and I'm very happy with the entire Phantom lineup. Now NZXT has set the bar so high, I'm looking forward to their next case. :D

igot6strings March 5, 2013 02:58 AM

It should be mentioned that if you go to NCIX and type NZXT you'll get a nice surprise. They now carry almost everything NZXT offers. I was most excited when Xnine announced this.

Nice case too. I'd choose the 630 over the 820 as its the perfect size for my needs. The look of the Phantom is not something I would go for as my heart is set on a Switch 810. My wallet is set on the Vulcan or Tempest Elite. As I've said before if there was a mid-sized Switch 810 I'd already own it. NZXT get on that. My birthday is March 19th. Hurry up and make it so I can talk the wife into making it my bday present.

Soultribunal March 5, 2013 06:38 AM

Very interesting case choice, I think this might be lined up for my next client build.

-ST

FreeKnight March 5, 2013 07:10 AM

I'm really impressed by this case. I've always liked the looks of the NZXT stuff, but there was always something that kept me from going with them. The rubber grommets look solid and adaptable and the SSD brackets are a great idea.

If only I was building another system in the near future :D

great_big_abyss March 5, 2013 07:24 AM

If I decide to splurge on a new case in the future, I'll likely go for the Phantom 820. As much as I like that 630, I already have a case in the $100 price bracket. If I'm going to upgrayedd (with two D's for a double dose of this pimpin') it'll be to something that is noticeably better than what I have now.

Love the look of the phantom line-up though.

XNine March 5, 2013 07:38 AM

I love the style of reviews HWC has. Always have. I think the first review I ever really took note on was the Lian Li Lancool K62, and it made me buy that case. No muss, no fuss, straight to the point, excellent presentation and even a quirky Candian accent! Love it :)

igot6strings March 5, 2013 09:12 AM

They do an amazing job thats for sure. It must be awfully hard on that cameraman to be spinning around the cases all the time. He must get rather dizzy. Thinking of all the rigging equipment necessary to pull off the job is mind blowing...
Sometimes I think the HWC review studio is in Spielbergs basement...

Soultribunal March 5, 2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XNine (Post 694451)
I love the style of reviews HWC has. Always have. I think the first review I ever really took note on was the Lian Li Lancool K62, and it made me buy that case. No muss, no fuss, straight to the point, excellent presentation and even a quirky Candian accent! Love it :)

Though he might live in Canada, Dimitry Hails from far across the Pond for his accent.
Just don't want you to get your hopes up that all Canadians sound that way :P

-ST