Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2013, 01:18 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
They do an amazing job thats for sure. It must be awfully hard on that cameraman to be spinning around the cases all the time. He must get rather dizzy. Thinking of all the rigging equipment necessary to pull off the job is mind blowing...
Sometimes I think the HWC review studio is in Spielbergs basement...
Well thank you for the compliment! All of the videos are filmed in my living room and I'm currently doing a Behind the Scenes, explaining my setup, the filming process and the editing that goes into the review. :D
Old March 5, 2013, 01:20 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Though he might live in Canada, Dimitry Hails from far across the Pond for his accent.
Just don't want you to get your hopes up that all Canadians sound that way :P

-ST
LOL! That is true, i come from across the pond.
Old March 5, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Though he might live in Canada, Dimitry Hails from far across the Pond for his accent.
Just don't want you to get your hopes up that all Canadians sound that way :P

-ST
It's funny, because I interrupted an episode of BSG (season 4 episode 12, fwiw, and yes, my girlfriend is really into BSG...she rocks!) last night to watch that case review. She commented that Dimitry must be a proud canadian, because of his accent. I told her that based on his accent and name, he probably comes from the Baltic region, or some such area.

Coincidence that XNine thought the same thing as she.

Also, I'm going to 'work on her' to allow me to upgrade my current enclosure to a Phantom 820 in a few months. This review will be the review that kickstarted it!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;

Last edited by great_big_abyss; March 5, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old March 5, 2013, 02:22 PM
MVP

Haha. I believe XNine is in Colorado so we can forgive him for the mistake. Good thing I don't do reviews. With my newfie accent I'd really confuse him...
Old March 5, 2013, 06:39 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Yeah, I'm in CO. But good to know that Dimitry isn't Canadian... now all of my hopes that all Canadians sounding that way is ruined. :(
Old March 5, 2013, 07:05 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Yeah, I'm in CO. But good to know that Dimitry isn't Canadian... now all of my hopes that all Canadians sounding that way is ruined. :(
Oh I wouldnt go THAT far. D is as Canadian as hockey and poutine....its just that you would be better served assuming the typical Canuck'er sounds more Irish/Scottish than Slov. I saw that as a proud newfie who knows that NFLD's real number one export is 'village idiots'...who have a tendency to breed like rabbits. :P

Nice review D. If this had been released last week I would have probably used in my latest build. Just my luck. :(

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 5, 2013, 07:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitry49 View Post
LOL! That is true, i come from across the pond.
Nothing wrong with that, as do I.
Though my Mother stopped talking Russian/German and my Father German when I was 13 because my english suffered.

Proud canadians none the less.
Maybe Xnine had a Bromance going for ya

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 5, 2013, 08:48 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
D is as Canadian as hockey and poutine....
nice...I am a Canadian citizen...my Russian background is just the icing...it prepared me for all the cold winters here in Toronto, and modular language never hurts :D
Old March 5, 2013, 09:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
nice...I am a Canadian citizen...my Russian background is just the icing...it prepared me for all the cold winters here in Toronto, and modular language never hurts :D
Does anyone else find themselves reading 'modular' in Dimitry's voice from the reviews?

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old March 6, 2013, 08:03 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Oh I wouldnt go THAT far. D is as Canadian as hockey and poutine....its just that you would be better served assuming the typical Canuck'er sounds more Irish/Scottish than Slov.
I love hockey (actually, most Americans don't get along with me because I mock football (handegg) since it's such a nancy sport compared to hockey.

Did you know that while NHL players are 20% smaller than NFL players, the hits they deliver and take are 17% HARDER than hits in the NFL? ESPN did the science behind it.

Quote:
Maybe Xnine had a Bromance going for ya

-ST
So...what's the problem?

Quote:
Chicks dig Russians. Seriously though, you've got probably the cleanest reviews out there. Very well thought out and the timing of your video and audio is impeccable. You also point out negatives and don't just give everything an approval, which makes for honest, unbiased reviews. Exactly what consumers are looking for.