Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Where to find 6-32 x 2 3/8"+ machine screws (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/59689-where-find-6-32-x-2-3-8-machine-screws.html)

sm00nie February 14, 2013 12:08 PM

Where to find 6-32 x 2 3/8"+ machine screws

Hi all,

I'm building a waterbox and I need to find 6-32 screws at least 2 3/8" long (if it's larger I can cut the excess). I haven't had any luck finding them at Home Depot, Home Hardware, or Amazon.ca (they have them, but 2000+ pieces @ $423.24 -- I only need 64).

Would anyone know of any shops in Canada (if it's in Toronto, I can go pick them up), that'll ship or a US shop with a reasonable shipping price?

JD February 14, 2013 12:53 PM

You could try here: Home | Fastenal I believe other members have had good luck there.

SugarJ February 14, 2013 12:54 PM

Check your local Rona, that's where I got my last batch of 6-32 screws. If not, your local Fastenal should have them. Canada | Fastenal

Edit: :ph34r:'d by a fellow mod.

Soultribunal February 14, 2013 01:23 PM

Bolts Plus is a really good bet too, just to add that name into the mix. They should have stores in Toronto.

-ST

Lpfan4ever February 14, 2013 01:28 PM

ITT: Mods and screwing. I mean, screws. :ph34r:

lootbag February 14, 2013 01:37 PM

+1 for Bolts Plus.
Here is the link to the website: BOLTS PLUS - Where Experience Counts
Lots of locations in the GTA.

sm00nie February 14, 2013 08:12 PM

I just got home and unfortunately none of them are open at 11pm?! I have tomorrow off, so I'll be calling to see if they have any 2 3/8 to 3" in stock.

Thanks a lot fellas :)

---------

Update: Just in case anyone's interested -- I called a few Rona's and none of them seem to have them in a length greater than 2". Bolts Plus doesn't have anything greater than 2" available at any of their locations and the sales guy I spoke with said they rarely have anything greater than 2" in and suggested placing an order that would arrive thursday-friday of next week. I called 6 Fastenal locations of which 4 didn't have anything greater than 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" available and 1 had them available in stainless steel @ 0.28 ea., the other had an order of zinc coming in on Wednesday @ 0.09 ea. I'll probably get the zinc's as that location is pretty close to my parents house, and that usually means home cooking :P.

Thanks again for the shops :)

Hooded February 16, 2013 10:13 AM

If you never got them yet, your best bet is a Fastenal or a Brafasco. These places have great prices on hardware that Home Depot or other big box stores just can't match. Because fasteners are their bread and butter. Also these guys carry black allen bolts, cap screws, button heads, and counter sunk.

xmanrigger February 18, 2013 02:47 PM

Aklands-Grainger has a great assortment of nuts, bolts and screws. I get all my socket cap screws thru them. Might be worth a look.

Liu Kang February 21, 2013 06:23 PM

I looked forever in almost all the shops listed before i found a great selection of PC screws at frozencpu.com and performance-pcs.com