Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2013, 10:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm00nie View Post
I just got home and unfortunately none of them are open at 11pm?! I have tomorrow off, so I'll be calling to see if they have any 2 3/8 to 3" in stock.

Thanks a lot fellas :)

---------

Update: Just in case anyone's interested -- I called a few Rona's and none of them seem to have them in a length greater than 2". Bolts Plus doesn't have anything greater than 2" available at any of their locations and the sales guy I spoke with said they rarely have anything greater than 2" in and suggested placing an order that would arrive thursday-friday of next week. I called 6 Fastenal locations of which 4 didn't have anything greater than 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" available and 1 had them available in stainless steel @ 0.28 ea., the other had an order of zinc coming in on Wednesday @ 0.09 ea. I'll probably get the zinc's as that location is pretty close to my parents house, and that usually means home cooking :P.

Thanks again for the shops :)
brafasco and if longer no problem just put a 2 nuts on thread and use HIGH TPI hack saw and saw off then file smooth, remove nuts
Old February 22, 2013, 04:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My Local Home Hardware help me me out fore similar bolts.

The may be able to special order some if you get real jammed.
Old February 22, 2013, 12:41 PM
Rookie

I picked up the 6-32 x 2 1/2" machine screws up at Fastenal (they placed an order on Friday and it was ready for pick up on Wednesday -- they called me at 8am).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Kang
I looked forever in almost all the shops listed before i found a great selection of PC screws at frozencpu.com and performance-pcs.com
I don't think performance pc carries 2 3/8"+ length 6-32 screws and frozencpu charges $2.50 + shipping per 4 pack, as opposed to 100 screws for $9.00 tax included or less locally. Keep in mind that some of these shops (fastanel for example) can order the screws in for you in less time and cost than ordering it from frozencpu. I suppose if you're ordering other items shipping is not an issue, but I still wouldn't pay $2.50 for 4 screws when you can get them for .09 (or less) each.

Adding Ackland Grainger and Brafasco to the list for future supplies -- Thanks! :)