LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2013, 01:22 PM
Allstar

Gigabyte makes building your own all-in-one PC possible

Loop LP-2150* AIO PC Integration
Old February 2, 2013, 02:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's only recently that chassis for real DIY All-in-One became available, up until that time folks just mounted to the rear of monitors / TVs. I've got an older atom mitx I picked up from a member here (pretty sure it's been through at least two different members) that's strapped to the back of a 32" TV and is used primarily as a music player / visualization display for my basement gym.

Nothing fancy.... Rather than trying to find a mount I just manufactured a couple myself, the hardest part was finding Metric screws / bolts that were long enough. You asked about the PSUs, that's one there in the lower R/H. All I did was velcro it right to the rear of the TV. (On a side note... I was pleasantly pleased with the adhesive on the Dollar Store Velco I picked up.... ;) ).

A couple of shots just to give you an idea of the size of these kinds of things. I even managed to shoehorn a full length PCI TV card into it, although I ended up deciding not to use it because the Atom wasn't really powerful enough to run it well (I had to use media center and it was slower than whalesnot.... ;) ).

I modded the case a bit to fit the Spdif connectors, Front USB, Cable connections for the TV card, as well as replacing the non-functional internal fan with an external one I scrounged off of an old memory heatsink.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old February 2, 2013, 03:39 PM
MVP

My System Specs

This thread just keeps getting more and more interesting. Thanks for sharing everyone!
Old February 3, 2013, 10:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

on swilsons note A mate of mine uses an old laptop with a dead screen strapped to the back of his TV.. second hand lappy with a dead screen could be cheap :)
Old February 4, 2013, 09:42 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I ordered a m350 and will see where that takes me.