My System Specs

hmm pantyhose huh? Ill remember that for the future
Old February 28, 2013, 12:36 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
If a rad is on top then leave it blowing up but put your rear fans exhausting.

Air flow in a case always gets screwed up with a rad. Just make sure that your intake/exhaust fans don't blow faster or move more air than your radiator fans
That is the opposite of what I believe.

More intake pressure creates positive pressure inside the case providing cool air for the exhaust and pushing air in excess of the exhaust fan capacity out of the case via the open areas.

If exhaust exceeds intake you have negative pressure and the added requirement is sucked into the case via open areas and dust along with that as they are unfiltered.

Edit: as I read that again I'm not really sure what enaberif is getting at with the highlighted text...
Old February 28, 2013, 09:28 PM
Allstar

sounds like he's worried that the exhaust fans will draw air away from the rad fans (so that they have less air to push through the rad in the first place)...that's just a wild guess though
Old February 28, 2013, 09:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User #2 View Post
sounds like he's worried that the exhaust fans will draw air away from the rad fans (so that they have less air to push through the rad in the first place)...that's just a wild guess though
Yes exactly. If you don't balance your fans airflow can get just as messed up as poorly placed fans in a case.
Old March 1, 2013, 02:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

IMO for that set-up have the front and rear fan as intake and the rad as the out.

You shouldn't have ambient case temps as a problem as you'll be supplying so much fresh air and as said before any excess air that the rad can't get rid of will be pushed out any gaps in the case ensuring it stays dust free.

Tags
550d , cloth , filter , microfiber , obsidian