Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2013, 02:13 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
the styling works for me, but I'm not so sure the need for water cooling in something so small.
Ive got a GTX 680 and i5 3570 in a mITX enclosure, and it sure could use a full loop. Cant put an OC on my gpu and had to keep the chip on stock volts with only a modest 4.2ghz OC on the cpu.
Old January 8, 2013, 03:47 PM
Top Prospect

Mediocre mitx case to go with their mediocre mitx z77 board, perfect match.
Old January 10, 2013, 04:04 PM
Allstar

Do all 1U size PSU have the same length or does the 1U just mean it can fit into a hole of that height and width? The way the PSU sits in that case, it looks like it will be a pain the in ass to service.
Old January 10, 2013, 04:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
Do all 1U size PSU have the same length or does the 1U just mean it can fit into a hole of that height and width? The way the PSU sits in that case, it looks like it will be a pain the in ass to service.
I would love to know what types of PSU's can fit there, since there are a lot of Server PSU's that are very very good quality and can be readily had if you know the channels.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 10, 2013, 04:12 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Yeah that PSU makes me cringe also. There aren't enough replacements of those sizes readily available, and Ill bet you its loud as sin with a 40mm fan or similar. Not interested Im afraid - Unless they come with a watercooling AND PSU-free version! Without a PSU it would be a decent little case for a pico-psu and a big passive heatsink a la HTPC.