Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12, 2012, 09:05 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Cooler Master HAF XB Review Comment Thread

It may be dubbed a LAN Box but Cooler Master's new HAF XB can still be considered a fully functioning ATX sized enclosure. It uses a number of innovative design features in order to cram an impressive amount of hardware into a constrained space while still having room for water cooling options.

Read and watch more here: Cooler Master HAF XB Review

Old November 12, 2012, 10:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I actually don't mind that case, but I feel the cube layout is better with smaller form factors (matx and itx). I'd be interested in a Haf XP itx edition for a mini build
Old November 12, 2012, 10:34 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The timing is impeccable. I've been desiring a new case. I've been thinking I want a BIG horizontal case (but not a true cube). It looks like there MAY be room to mod and fit 6 x 3.5" hdd's in place of the 4 x 2.5 (I have an old array for now)

Last edited by mattydies; November 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old November 12, 2012, 10:57 PM
Allstar

^wouldn't the Fractal design Node 605 be a better fit for you?
Old November 13, 2012, 03:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

I think that it looks really quite nice actually, especially for smaller, tighter areas.
Old November 13, 2012, 04:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I love the HAF series... I had a 932, 922... and looks like this will be my next case!
Old November 13, 2012, 05:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I've gotta admit, I love Coolermaster and there constant strive to do something different. This is really an interesting case and something that I would for certain try in the future.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Interesting case. The internal layout is indeed interesting but I think the outside is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUgly. But that is all down to personal preference.
Old November 13, 2012, 06:33 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Interesting case. The internal layout is indeed interesting but I think the outside is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUgly. But that is all down to personal preference.
You know the looks of the HAF XB really start to grow on you. If you try to imagine this case but with Corsair Obsidian exterior design (Clean corners & simple) then it might not work as it would just be a dull black cube. :D
Old November 13, 2012, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitry49 View Post
You know the looks of the HAF XB really start to grow on you. If you try to imagine this case but with Corsair Obsidian exterior design (Clean corners & simple) then it might not work as it would just be a dull black cube. :D
It definitely would be a boring dull black cube in that event. I am simply just not a fan of any CM case other then the boss cosmos II.