Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2012, 06:50 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
It definitely would be a boring dull black cube in that event. I am simply just not a fan of any CM case other then the boss cosmos II.
Imagine a cosmos design (with the bottom and top rails), with a sport car themed front panel :OOOOOO for the Cosmos MINI (If such a thing existed, HAF XB redesigned) Now that would be cool! :D
Old November 13, 2012, 06:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Interesting, but its a no for me. I am sure a case like this will find its niche though.
Old November 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Where can I find a 200 mm dust filter fore the top ??

dust will fall in to this unless it is running all the time . :(
Old November 13, 2012, 09:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Where can I find a 200 mm dust filter fore the top ??

dust will fall in to this unless it is running all the time . :(
Not if you keep positive pressure.
You should see how little dust built up in my HAF932 over the years (With 4 animals in the house) because I kept the case positive pressure :)

This case is really growing on me.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 13, 2012, 09:50 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Looks great, really something to think about.
Old November 13, 2012, 10:03 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think I may end up grabbing 2 of these...
Old November 13, 2012, 11:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
I think I may end up grabbing 2 of these...
Stackable case lol :)

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 13, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I kinda like this case...a lot.

The only two issues I see with it are 1) no good cooling for the hdd/ssd area (those 80mm fans are on the wrong side for good air flow to the HDDs. CM should have swapped the 5.25 and 3.5 bays for front to back air flow like top zone) 2) poor front IOs. If you look closely you can see that CM was going to go with a more 'rich' front IO options but then at some point went with a shorter PCB. This is a shame as a pair of front USB 2.0 ports would have been welcome.

Other than that it looks like my next case for a cube build. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 13, 2012, 01:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I was actually planning a cube build too AKG :P

I really like this case. The looks are typical with the HAF series, but it's not screaming it out; it has subtle cues of the typical HAF styling, and I prefer it for this case.

If this thing can fit a 240 rad, it will be at the top of my list for a new smaller build
Old November 13, 2012, 02:09 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
If this thing can fit a 240 rad, it will be at the top of my list for a new smaller build

Well it actually can! With my GTX570 (10.5") installed, there is room for a dual rad, but not in psuh/pull, just push through the two front fans!