Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2012, 08:57 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default BitFenix Prodigy Mini ITX Case Review Comment Thread

BitFenix's Prodigy may only be large enough to fit an ITX motherboard but it targets the enthusiast community by offering enough internal space for multiple water cooling radiators and high end graphics cards. This is a unique case but is there enough to make it appealing for gamers and overclockers alike?

Read (and watch) more here: BitFenix Prodigy Mini ITX Case Review
Old November 7, 2012, 09:22 PM
Allstar

Nice little case for an ITX build!

The way things are going these days though, they could find themselves sued by Apple! (well it does look like a shrunken Mac Pro workstation case)
Old November 7, 2012, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

Meh would take a fractal node 304 over this mini apple case.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:18 PM
MVP

Hmmm....

Sorry but I must disagree with the reviewer on most of his points. In fact the ONLY thing I agree with is the awful power buttons placement. No matter what BF believes it is just a bad idea to put them there.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old November 7, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Meh would take a fractal node 304 over this mini apple case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mena View Post
Hmmm....

Sorry but I must disagree with the reviewer on most of his points. In fact the ONLY thing I agree with is the awful power buttons placement. No matter what BF believes it is just a bad idea to put them there.
I am actually planning on a 3770K (w/ Corsair 80i AIO) and was going to use this case for it. What makes you think the 304 is 'better'? Really would love to hear your thoughts guys. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 8, 2012, 04:16 AM
Allstar

I don't know about those guys, but alot of people complain about the relatively huge size of the case.

It seems only useful for a super-overclocked system with 2x240 rads. That's hardly the stereotypical image of a mITX system. Even with the large size, you don't get any extra 3.5" drives. On the HTPC front, the prodigy most definitely does NOT blend in with your set-top boxes (you can say the same about the 304, but it definitely wins in that comparison)
Old November 8, 2012, 04:54 AM
MVP

Why do people always call the dual 120mm rads 240? Very incorrect. They are called DUAL 120.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old November 8, 2012, 06:00 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mena View Post
Why do people always call the dual 120mm rads 240? Very incorrect. They are called DUAL 120.
Because dual 120mm sounds like TWO single 120mm.
Old November 8, 2012, 06:24 AM
MVP
F@H

I have owned dozens of cases, and the Prodigy is by far my favorite small form factor case to date, especially considering the price. I would take it over any Lian Li or Silverstone SFF case I've used to date (mind you, the new SG09 might change my mind).

My only complaint is the power supply -- it is EXTREMELY tight in there and difficult to work with. Otherwise, the case is simply awesome. I am running a Noctua D14 (which requires a very specific build sequence to fit, but no mods needed) and running 4.5GHz with no issues whatsoever.

While not as stable as your typical case, the complaints and speculation about the cases stability are unfounded (and generally propagated by those with no experience with the case). Mine is a LAN oriented rig, and it has been kicked, hit and bumped into without ever toppling over.

WORK KANG: Silverstone SG03 | EVGA x58 Micro w/ 920 @ 4.2Ghz | Sapphire 5970 | 12GB Dominator DDR3-2000 | 240GB Revodrive X2 | SilverStone ST650F
MINI KANG: BitFenix Prodigy | Asus P8Z77i Deluxe mITX w/ 2600K @ 4.5Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB Vengeance DDR3-1866 | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | Corsair AX650
KANGZILLA: Custom MM Ascension | SR-2 | 2x X5650 | 2x SilverStone ST1000F | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | 15x 120mm rads | Under construction...

Old November 8, 2012, 06:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You guys are so late on this review.