Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2012, 01:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Dust filter

Hey guys,i discovered something awesome,i have a cheap case with a side fan that had a dust filter,but with that filter,the airflow was considerably reduced and i removed it, i have -10 to 13c on GPU ,the gpu is just behind the 25cm side fan, all i have to do is clean a bit more often but it's just awesome. i tested with the filter ,i could almost not feel the airflow..

So i would recommend to guys who have a cheap case with side fan to remove the filter of side fan or check the airflow because even when i set it the the max force there was almost no effect. Now i can overclock more, i had 20c at computer startup :D Of course , don't foget to blow the dust off the GPU a bit more often and that's all..

I don't hit 60c in crysis :P just aircooling in a 30$ case and a fresh room.

So,if you have a big side fan and if you don't see any effect with the airflow at the max and you want to overclock, don't forget that,i think i have better cooling than a lot of 60 and 80$ cases the side fan is very efficient now.

25c idle and 57c under gaming load,and before,still winter, 35c idle and 70c under load. generally in most games.
Old November 5, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

Change the filter out with nylon from panty hose and will work better. Most filters are far to constrictive for any good.
Old January 15, 2013, 10:59 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

As long as it's not a dusty local.