Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 14, 2012, 09:12 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default NZXT Phantom 820 Review Comment Thread

When it comes to designing new products, NZXT doesn't take half measures and there’s no better example than the new Phantom 820. After undergoing top secret development for the better part of two years this full tower case is supposed to be perfectly suited for enthusiast customers.

Read more here: NZXT Phantom 820 Review

Due to a miscommunication, this review was launched earlier than it should have been. We apologize to NZXT for the misunderstanding.
Old October 15, 2012, 04:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe I Missed it in the review, the rear fan port, is it capable of taking a 120mm Fan or is it 140 only?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 15, 2012, 05:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Maybe I Missed it in the review, the rear fan port, is it capable of taking a 120mm Fan or is it 140 only?

-ST
I am going to go ahead and assume it takes both because it looks EXACTLY the same as the switch 810 which can house both.
Old October 15, 2012, 05:27 AM

Both.
Old October 15, 2012, 05:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Both.
Perfect!

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 15, 2012, 08:49 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I really wanna like this case, but the negatives pointed out in the review - Faulty wiring, flimsy HDD trays, and a huge premium over the 810 - make me question it. If these problems were just a freak occurrence for Dimitry, than I would love to see this in my home, as it looks fantastic and the lighting is a real nice bonus, and makes up for some of the premium...... As long as it works properly
Old October 15, 2012, 08:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The fan and mesh on the side are really ugly. If it were all window it would look much better.
Old October 15, 2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
I really wanna like this case, but the negatives pointed out in the review - Faulty wiring, flimsy HDD trays, and a huge premium over the 810 - make me question it. If these problems were just a freak occurrence for Dimitry, than I would love to see this in my home, as it looks fantastic and the lighting is a real nice bonus, and makes up for some of the premium...... As long as it works properly
FYI, the wiring issue may have just been an issue with us not plugging them in. We are investigating but it seems to be that they are HDD indicator lights....
Old October 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

NZXT Phantom 820 Review - YouTube

If I may also throw TTL's youtube review here please :) .. Just grab popcorn and coke before you watch LOL.. coz' like tiny tom logan says, it's awefully looong! :p

If you have a Switch 810, good news, the side panel does actually fit, check his review. Dmitry's review is ok, but if you want a really in-depth review, you should check TTL's review.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
FYI, the wiring issue may have just been an issue with us not plugging them in. We are investigating but it seems to be that they are HDD indicator lights....
If that is the case, than it's ok. I'll wait for an update to hear if that's the case or not.