Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2012, 07:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhatPaulie View Post
Led's are cool but nzxt learn to make a REAL side panel with no fan grills on it and a nice large window.... I just cant fathom an entire community wanting that when 90% of us hate side panels like that
I still think the majority (not that anyone will do a Poll on this) like side panels with fans to allow Cross flow over our VC's. I for one, would never even consider a case unless I can have a side panel Fan.
The majority of people in my circle here are of the same thought process. There obviously is a demand if more case manufacturers are doing it vs not doing it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 16, 2012, 08:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I still think the majority (not that anyone will do a Poll on this) like side panels with fans to allow Cross flow over our VC's. I for one, would never even consider a case unless I can have a side panel Fan.
The majority of people in my circle here are of the same thought process. There obviously is a demand if more case manufacturers are doing it vs not doing it.

-ST
Funny because from what I see around the internets most enthusiasts hate those kind of side panels. I guess the phantom isn't really built specifically for water cooling in mind as it can go either way.
Old October 16, 2012, 08:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

And I won't buy a case with a fan on the side panel again since I started watercooling. To each his own.
Old October 16, 2012, 08:54 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
And I won't buy a case with a fan on the side panel again since I started watercooling. To each his own.
Which, is probably why a lot of the 'higher end' cases are more Window (without Fan) setups because of that specifically.

When it comes to cases, its all in the eye of the beholder and what we, consider 'value'.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old October 16, 2012, 11:31 AM
Rookie

Even if air cooled, you could probably be fine without side fan. The dual 200 exhausts and 200 front intake as well as the bottom front intake and rear exhaust will keep air moving. I have the original phantom with 1 140 and 2 120 intakes and 2 200 exhausts along with my 120 rad exhaust out the back and the inside is nice and cool.
Old October 16, 2012, 02:04 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Well, I'll talk a little here about some points that I've seen in the thread.

First, My apologies to SKY and Dmitri, I didn't know the full story behind the posting of the video. Things happen sometimes, and perhaps I overreacted, but after working on this project for the last two months, it was a punch to my gut to see it go out when it did. Again, things happen, and it's water under the bridge.

I think Dmitri did a good job on his video review (btw, I do like the visual charts and such that HWC uses). I'm not gonna say if a reviewer is better than another reviewer or what not, everyone has their own style and methodology. It never hurts to have two sets of eyes (or, more) on something and I'm thankful for the reviewers we have out there that shed light on our products for other people to see.

I think what's great about NZXT cases is, we have a huge collection of people who mod our chassis out there. I've seen hundreds of killer mods out there, even some of the most simplistic ones are great.

Time will tell on this chassis. I can assure you, however, this is not the last of the Phantom series, and you will see others around the corner.
Old October 16, 2012, 03:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would love to see a itx tower phantom style. I like mini cases. :P
Old October 16, 2012, 03:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Well, I'll talk a little here about some points that I've seen in the thread.

First, My apologies to SKY and Dmitri, I didn't know the full story behind the posting of the video. Things happen sometimes, and perhaps I overreacted, but after working on this project for the last two months, it was a punch to my gut to see it go out when it did. Again, things happen, and it's water under the bridge.

I think Dmitri did a good job on his video review (btw, I do like the visual charts and such that HWC uses). I'm not gonna say if a reviewer is better than another reviewer or what not, everyone has their own style and methodology. It never hurts to have two sets of eyes (or, more) on something and I'm thankful for the reviewers we have out there that shed light on our products for other people to see.

I think what's great about NZXT cases is, we have a huge collection of people who mod our chassis out there. I've seen hundreds of killer mods out there, even some of the most simplistic ones are great.

Time will tell on this chassis. I can assure you, however, this is not the last of the Phantom series, and you will see others around the corner.
What I can say is appealing, is the colour shift for the lighting. I think its the first case I've looked at and not worried about changing the fans out. Still on the fence if its the next case for me or not.

-ST

Old October 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
I would love to see a itx tower phantom style. I like mini cases. :P
A mini Phantom... Chibi Phantom... hmmmm. Interesting idea.
Old October 16, 2012, 10:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

yea fair point on the side panel... didnt think about the curse that is WC haha, that lighting is very nice though....