Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2012, 09:34 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
NZXT Phantom 820 Review - YouTube

If I may also throw TTL's youtube review here please :) .. Just grab popcorn and coke before you watch LOL.. coz' like tiny tom logan says, it's awefully looong! :p

If you have a Switch 810, good news, the side panel does actually fit, check his review. Dmitry's review is ok, but if you want a really in-depth review, you should check TTL's review.
No offense, but length does not equate quality, nor does it translate to an unbiased conclusion.
Old October 15, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
No offense, but length does not equate quality, nor does it translate to an unbiased conclusion.
I agree, and I even posted on youtube that this case doesn't deserve a gold award. However, yes the video is long but no offense, he covered a lot more than Dmitry did; some main portions about radiator mounting, and changes rather than just mentioning a triple rad is supported in push pull configuration. And he also picked up a no rubber grommet near the 6 pin cpu cutout that Dmitry didn't..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I agree, and I even posted on youtube that this case doesn't deserve a gold award. However, yes the video is long but no offense, he covered a lot more than Dmitry did; some main portions about radiator mounting, and changes rather than just mentioning a triple rad is supported in push pull configuration. And he also picked up a no rubber grommet near the 6 pin cpu cutout that Dmitry didn't..

I know SKY was working on some of the small details (rad fitting for example), though in any reviewers defence it is really easy to miss some things (i.e. 6-Pin Cutout). Which is why we have members help us in that regard.
Thanks!

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 15, 2012, 11:07 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
You mean the main 8-pin cut out? You will notice that our case did indeed have a grommet there or close enough to that area....

Plus, when has a grommet ever been placed where there's already a pre-installed cable?

Last edited by SKYMTL; October 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old October 15, 2012, 11:30 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Well the length of TTLC's videos are not for everyone and his followers have gotten accustomed to getting a cup of coffee/tea with cookies/biscuits (as was discussed in the comments :DD) and settling down to watch an hour long vlog.

He does, in a way, cover more detail, but that is not to say that our reviews are not in-depth. In the 8+min, the review is plenty insightful, and provides a general overview of the features plus our critique.

Also, i've never seen a rubber grommet near the 8-pin, and i dont think its a critique worth mentioning, unless there are clearance issues. :)))
Old October 15, 2012, 11:57 AM
Top Prospect

HWC video reviews are awesome, and professional, good job. Although I considered waiting for this case, I'm actually disappointed with the Phantom's evolution, perhaps my expectations were too high?
Old October 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Let me say again.. Dmitry's videos are good, I never said they are bad..
Dmitry, c'mon you're reviewed cases in the past, you're telling me that you have never seen openings near the 6pin cpu cutout for fan cables or additional cables, ok they might not be grommeted, but they are still spaces (e.g. Corsair 650D, 600T).. And it's not all about clearance issues, but really for cable routing purposes.

I'd definitely would have hoped for a lower price, in fact.. I wouldn't even mind the case minus the lights system, imo with all the wiring from the lights...

Again, Dmitry's reviews are good :p
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 15, 2012, 12:13 PM
Banned

No offence to sky or dimitri's work on the video/review ... but just from the few images of it online & then more so the conduct of there rep on this forum in a post about suposivly hwc breaking nda ... I cant say I have ANY interest in the product/products or the company period.
Old October 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
No offence to sky or dimitri's work on the video/review ... but just from the few images of it online & then more so the conduct of there rep on this forum in a post about suposivly hwc breaking nda ... I cant say I have ANY interest in the product/products or the company period.
Yeah, I came across that thread last night as well. Mistakes were made, and it was handled poorly by their Rep. I'll happily stay with Fractal Design and Corsair.
Old October 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You guys are going to let one comment from one employee stop you from purchasing any products from an entire company? That's ridiculous.

NZXT has great customer service I have seen XNine support many customers online in another forum.

... it wasn't even that bad.