Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Want: mATX Case w/ 240mm int. rad support (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/56890-want-matx-case-w-240mm-int-rad-support.html)

CMetaphor September 23, 2012 09:28 PM

Want: mATX Case w/ 240mm int. rad support

Hey all,

Going to be moving my Lanbox out of the old modded SG-03 in the coming days, so im looking for a new case that can hold my Asetek LCLC-240 (240mm rad) closed-loop water cooler. I'd like to find one that can hold it without modding, but some light modded is okay if absolutely necessary. Also, important to note: the main reason im moving to a bigger case if for Push/pull fans. Please don't suggest-a-case that can only do push or pull, thanks.

Options thus far:
- Fractal Design Arc Mini
- Lian-Li A04 (might need modding? unable to find confirmation that it can be done without a mod)
- Silverstone PS07 (with some modding)
- Lian-Li PC-V351 (again unable to confirm, push/pull might run into an mATX motherboard?)

Lastly, Ill take any wild or unusual suggestions here, since its been a while since i've done a build due to my current situation. Strangely shaped cases, rare cases, workbench cases even? Anything. Only requirements: Portable, under 200$, can't be a cheap p.o.s. case.

Thanks all!

Meta (not currently drunk, sorry)

sswilson September 24, 2012 03:02 AM

Might be worth waiting a day just in case.....

Scout 2

HEXUS.net - Video - Cooler Master previews the CM Storm Scout II chassis

I have my doubts that it'll be able to do push/pull, but you never know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 657536)
Hey all,

Going to be moving my Lanbox out of the old modded SG-03 in the coming days, so im looking for a new case that can hold my Asetek LCLC-240 (240mm rad) closed-loop water cooler. I'd like to find one that can hold it without modding, but some light modded is okay if absolutely necessary. Also, important to note: the main reason im moving to a bigger case if for Push/pull fans. Please don't suggest-a-case that can only do push or pull, thanks.

Options thus far:
- Fractal Design Arc Mini
- Lian-Li A04 (might need modding? unable to find confirmation that it can be done without a mod)
- Silverstone PS07 (with some modding)
- Lian-Li PC-V351 (again unable to confirm, push/pull might run into an mATX motherboard?)

Lastly, Ill take any wild or unusual suggestions here, since its been a while since i've done a build due to my current situation. Strangely shaped cases, rare cases, workbench cases even? Anything. Only requirements: Portable, under 200$, can't be a cheap p.o.s. case.

Thanks all!

Meta (not currently drunk, sorry)

What about a li-li pit stop? It was fairly easy to mount a Themochill PA 240 to the side using rad mount brackets and the triangular bar makes a decent handle.

Newegg.ca - LIAN LI PC-T60B Black Aluminum ATX / Micro-ATX TEST BENCH Computer Case

3.0charlie September 24, 2012 09:24 AM

lowfat tried dual fan 240 in a V351 with a major headache if I remember well. If you want to try it, I have a black model that I'm not using.

lowfat September 24, 2012 09:44 AM

The PC-V351 will fit a 2x120mm radiator but the fan spacing is off. You'll need to drill a few new holes in the fan mount on the case.

Adzsask September 24, 2012 10:46 AM

Corsair vengeance c-70... military green :D

CMetaphor September 24, 2012 01:20 PM

Dont think a testbench is the right fit for me, and im also looking for something 4-expansion slots big. Otherwise they're yoo big for me to carry easily with my hands. This makes the c-70 out too, sorry.

@lowfat: what was the clearance over the mobo when using push/pull? Ive heard the side panels barely make it back on too, is that true?

Keep the suggestions coming guys, and thanks as always.

Meta

CMetaphor September 24, 2012 07:53 PM

What does everyone think of the NZXT Vulcan? Not certain if push/pull 240 will fit on top though...

Adzsask September 24, 2012 11:39 PM

well you can fit a 2X120/140mm rad into the front of the newer version of my current lian li PC-V600F with modding, also can be done to my case but was discontinued.
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A04B Black Aluminum MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case
something along these lines, going to have to get creative with the removable HDD cages.
Or a fractal arc mini.

lowfat September 25, 2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 657679)
@lowfat: what was the clearance over the mobo when using push/pull? Ive heard the side panels barely make it back on too, is that true?

Meta

You can't use radiators over 281mm long IIRC. You also can't use thick radiators, not unless you are using an ITX board. Push pull will never work.

CMetaphor September 25, 2012 05:03 PM

Thanks for the info everyone, starting to look like the Fractal Arc Mini is indeed my best bet, albeit a bit on the plain side. :biggrin: