Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2012, 07:38 AM
Manufacturer Rep

The MKII is not just a case, though. It's a work of art. Designing a minimalistic case is insanely difficult to do. Far more so than designing a case to have as many features that you can pack into it. over 2 years of development, testing, design, and workmanship were poured into the chassis, with work from people in at least 3 different countries to bring it together. The PCBs by Janik are top-tier. There isn't anything on the market like them.

Yeah, I work for NZXT. Yeah, I love my Switch 810. But this is on a totally different playing field. Charles and crew have worked so hard on this, it's a monument to their work ethic and as designers.
Old January 22, 2013, 06:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Should be an update email on reservation target and other info tonite. I didn't manage to get any other information, but any info is good info at this point.

Pretty stoked still. I have cash at the ready, itching to go down for one of these. Also have two DIYINHK'd DDC2's modded to fit the Koolance HTS-PMP400 heatsinks.

Edit: Looks like reservation has been met and just doing final qualifications with vendors such as Silverstone. I think it is fair to say it is pretty much a lock and this is going to happen. Glad for Charles and crew

Last edited by turtletrax; January 22, 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old January 24, 2013, 05:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Is it just me or is the new corsair 900D trying to look like / mimic the feel of this a bit? the window and bottom cooling looks way too similar to be coincidence.

BTW if you haven't looked at the pictures of the build in murderbox MKII: Add-On Options.. Your missing a thing of beauty..
White coolant with transparent block (or the backs of them at least) and Stainless steel piping with the panel looks soo incredibly awesome.

Still couldn't justify spending the money but I'm well jealous of those that can..

On the L10, good case, not comparable, you really need to look at the detail of what this thing does and how it does it.

Disagree on it being a work of art though. Art has no function other than being art.. So if you hang on the wall / put it on a plinth and never use it... then yea maybe.
An incredibly beautiful and elegant piece of engineering and design, Yes totally agree with that.
Could say a masterpiece.

Last edited by Dzzope; January 24, 2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old January 26, 2013, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Who says art has no function? Theres functioning art all over the place...

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:46 PM

My System Specs

Preorders are back open for those who are interested in the case.
Old May 5, 2013, 04:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just completed my pre - order. They added more cool options, just couldn't help myself getting. Gonna be pricey, but awesome. Glad they added a BD drive as well.
Old May 5, 2013, 04:40 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Just completed my pre - order. They added more cool options, just couldn't help myself getting. Gonna be pricey, but awesome. Glad they added a BD drive as well.
I had to slim down my options as it was getting too rich for me. Illuminate mid plate, internal Aquaero, single rad/pump pump, and the reservoir.
Old May 5, 2013, 04:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I had to slim down my options as it was getting too rich for me. Illuminate mid plate, internal Aquaero, single rad/pump pump, and the reservoir.
Ya, the bill will be heavy on my end. Illuminate midplate, BD-RW, internal rad/pump mount, extrenal aquaero mount. A bit of saving grace is Charles and I could never get the Slight worked out on my other Murderbox because of manufacturing and timing issues, so he is sliding the cost off this order. Still gonna be heavy and I am still considering getting the reservoirs. Will see what happens.

Either way I look at it, this is everything I ever really wanted in a case and will be my last big build. Since AMD stopped being any sort of rival in the high end, Intel has begun its advancement crawl and feature peeling, so I find little interesting. Will most likely just slide my X79 stuff into this case and get new GPUs and call it a day, so the hardware bill will be smaller than expected.

Edit: They are offering the dual reservoirs, I dont see how you mount two? Any idea?

Edit 2: Doy, they say right on the option that they include a second FRH that attaches to the backplate.

Last edited by turtletrax; May 5, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old May 5, 2013, 05:34 PM

My System Specs

Not enough radiator space for me to ever consider dual loops. The reservoir that he is offering flush mounts w/ the reservoir holder for an even cleaner look. 11" cards like Titans won't fit w/o it either.

I also have a couple of DDC-1Ts that I have DIYINHK PCBs for that I'll likely be using. I wouldn't want to ruin the look by running a PWM cable to the motherboard.
Old May 5, 2013, 06:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Not enough radiator space for me to ever consider dual loops. The reservoir that he is offering flush mounts w/ the reservoir holder for an even cleaner look. 11" cards like Titans won't fit w/o it either.

I also have a couple of DDC-1Ts that I have DIYINHK PCBs for that I'll likely be using. I wouldn't want to ruin the look by running a PWM cable to the motherboard.

Hmmmm, looks like I will be amending my order to include the res's. Will most likely end up with SLI 780's so will need the room.

Went with dual loop as I figured I would like to go with the chipset and Aquaero on the 120. Going to start experimenting with 1/2" copper tubing to get that all sorted for when I build in the fall. Will have to find a good plater local or I will end up sending it all to BlueAqua in Michigan to plate for me. So far my experience with local plating have been terrible....