Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2012, 05:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Wow, that is just unreal that Paypal would allow that to happen. Sometimes I think they are over-protective...

-ST
All the more reason to not use PayPal I guess. They've gotten far to "commercial".

And I could technically afford one of these, but my Cosmos II will suffice for now. $1200 is a bit hard to swallow for a case, I'd much rather build another PC for that price.

Last edited by JD; September 6, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old September 6, 2012, 07:56 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Probably some blubbering idiot that wasn't even going to order one complained...
Old September 6, 2012, 09:31 PM

My System Specs

Hopefully they'll get it resolved but I doubt it will happen soon. :(
Old September 6, 2012, 11:16 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Hopefully they'll get it resolved but I doubt it will happen soon. :(
Have faith in Charles, friend. The MKII is his life's passion. He's spent the better part of 2 years designing it from the ground up, he's not gonna let some half-assed corporation like Paypal take away his thunder!

I've got my deposit money, so when it relaunches, I'll be getting one too! :) Ooooh, maybe I can get #69?
Old September 7, 2012, 06:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Completely agree. It is a work of art and to be honest its good value in that context. Best of luck to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
This is a limited edition case and is marketed and made for those who 1) can afford it, 2) appreciate the art behind one of them and 3) willing to pay for what is basically the best case ever made.

To spend $1200 for this case might not be justifable to you, the same way you might not pay 1200 for a painting. However there are people that will, and do, and while the oppinions seen here and at OCN may be valid... are not educated and just trash a company selling to a unique market. Let people purchase the way they see fit, and appreciate something for what it is, rather than what it costs. Insulting the price paid not only insults the product, but those who justified paying it.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:47 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Ironically, the only reason I DIDN'T pre-order was due to the use of PayPal. Without PayPal association, I am suddenly interested again....
Old September 7, 2012, 08:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The biggest question remains is, how are they going to get the pre-order done now?

I really want this to go through and for the community to pick them up so we can showcase some awesome murdered boxes :)

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 7, 2012, 08:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
The biggest question remains is, how are they going to get the pre-order done now?

I really want this to go through and for the community to pick them up so we can showcase some awesome murdered boxes :)

-ST
There are plenty of options available.. credit-cards (much easier to have a service these days with third parties being responsible for the payments) and paypal alternatives.. There is even plain old EMT..

Far too many options to let this stop them..
Old September 7, 2012, 09:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
There are plenty of options available.. credit-cards (much easier to have a service these days with third parties being responsible for the payments) and paypal alternatives.. There is even plain old EMT..

Agreed, they just need to put some effort into their financials. (typical engineering types )
Old September 7, 2012, 09:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post

I don't doubt that there are many options.
I was more stating it to be "Which one are they going to choose?"

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com