Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4, 2012, 12:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've been reading the OCN thread as well. That's a funny comment to assume ones age and occupation. I for one work full time am 28 and do quite well for myself and I would never in my wildest dreams spend that much on a case as sweet as it's features may be and as sleek as it may look, unless I had $1200+ to wipe my butt with.

Just to clear it up I'm not trashing the case at all it's gotta be the most sleek and sexy case I have ever seen and has some of the best features one can only dream of.

Even if they are over 20 with full time jobs they will still knock the price just like I will.
Old September 4, 2012, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This is a limited edition case and is marketed and made for those who 1) can afford it, 2) appreciate the art behind one of them and 3) willing to pay for what is basically the best case ever made.

To spend $1200 for this case might not be justifable to you, the same way you might not pay 1200 for a painting. However there are people that will, and do, and while the oppinions seen here and at OCN may be valid... are not educated and just trash a company selling to a unique market. Let people purchase the way they see fit, and appreciate something for what it is, rather than what it costs. Insulting the price paid not only insults the product, but those who justified paying it.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old September 4, 2012, 01:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Its Custom. Therefore the cost is whatever it is.

Its not for everyone, and those with more sensible tastes will purchase something else. But just like people paying $1500 for some custom rug at the front of there house, this is no different. If its your taste, and you have the Cash. Do it,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 4, 2012, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

^

But those people are stupid too. :)

However, a beautiful case. bar none.
Old September 4, 2012, 04:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Many people would spend way more than that on a custom paint job for a car.. or rims.. or suspension etc etc etc..
Some people spend hundreds on clothes and can be wearing that much quite easily.. or jewellery, engagement rings a silly expensive..
It's a sign of love not how much you can afford.. but people don't bash that??
Whats the difference?

I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a case.. or pretty much any hobby (unless it was for the whole thing, eg whole pc)
But I don't hold it against a company that provides such things or the people who spend the money on them

And as far as justifying the cost for this case... It's limited edition, custom designed and immaculate in ever way.. The costs for production are going to be very high, especially with a limited run..
For me the product justifies the price but it's not one I'd be willing to pay unless I came into a SERIOUS amount of dough
Old September 4, 2012, 05:11 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
How much does the total come to with accessories?
The only option I am getting is the Aquaero 5 XT front plate. So $1230 + shipping.

Very pricey but it should hopefully be the last case I ever require.
Old September 4, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Last case? Didn't you hear? ATX2 was announced yesterday. The power supply is at the front of the case now. :P
Old September 6, 2012, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

uh oh
murderbox
Old September 6, 2012, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

That really sucks...

I'm sure they will sort out some sort of way to pay for these.. they've dropped quite a bit in dev etc to just let it slide at this point..
Old September 6, 2012, 05:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, that is just unreal that Paypal would allow that to happen. Sometimes I think they are over-protective...

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com