Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2012, 09:19 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default BitFenix Shinobi XL Review Comment Thread

BitFenix's new Shinobi XL takes the design of the original, highly acclaimed Shinobi case and supersizes it. The result is a full tower case that incorporates plenty of cooling options, a soft-touch rubberized exterior, ton of interior space and many other features for gamers and enthusiasts alike.

See the full review where: BitFenix Shinobi XL Full Tower Case Review
Old August 20, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Did I read the review right and it says the case does not include a window??? I have 3 Shinobi XL Windowed cases at the moment they all cost $10 more with the window.

Great review though even if I disagree with how complicated it is to remove the HDD bracket as it now takes my tech team less then 2 minutes to remove each one and install the hdd into the awesomely provided 5.25 to 3.5/2.5" HDD adapter.

Its a great case have to agree with the air movement but something feels lacking about the review would of loved to see more examples of how the fans/water cooling would fit in the case as I get that question a lot and have personally built over 20 towers with that case.

Great review guys keep up the awesome work :)
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old August 20, 2012, 10:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i will ask this again...instead of telling us a radiator could fit why not show us?

then if there are any issues he could address them instead of frantically googling what rads in what combos fit...

other than that nice review!

Last edited by Master_Shake_; August 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old August 20, 2012, 10:38 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Did I read the review right and it says the case does not include a window??? I have 3 Shinobi XL Windowed cases at the moment they all cost $10 more with the window.

Great review though even if I disagree with how complicated it is to remove the HDD bracket as it now takes my tech team less then 2 minutes to remove each one and install the hdd into the awesomely provided 5.25 to 3.5/2.5" HDD adapter.

Its a great case have to agree with the air movement but something feels lacking about the review would of loved to see more examples of how the fans/water cooling would fit in the case as I get that question a lot and have personally built over 20 towers with that case.

Great review guys keep up the awesome work :)
Actually, we meant that we weren't reviewing the side window version. I will update accordingly now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake_ View Post
i will as this again...instead of telling us a radiator could fit why not show us?

then if there are any issues he could address them instead of frantically googling what rads in what combos fit...

other than that nice review!
The issue you bring up is more complicated than you realize. We can never cover every rad thickness / layout. No matter what, you'll likely find yourself Googling anyways...
Old August 20, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Actually, we meant that we weren't reviewing the side window version. I will update accordingly now.
Happy to hear that :) but I feel your awesome reviewers could of covered the case far more in depth a case is not a GPU,MOBO,or any other component that requires hours of testing so it should free up lots of time to get to nitty gritty and show the fans everything it perfects and fails on.

Quote:
The issue you bring up is more complicated than you realize. We can never cover every rad thickness / layout. No matter what, you'll likely find yourself Googling anyways...
I agree with you there but using common parts like a standard EK 360 and 240 for the top and front cover a lot of bases and better showing how awesome that case does cable management would of been awesome. Then again I am not a awesome reviewer like you I am more a N00B so I could be missing something
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Last edited by Soullessone21; August 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old September 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
Trial Member

Quote:
BitFenix's new Shinobi XL takes the design of the original, highly acclaimed Shinobi case and supersizes it. The result is a full tower case that incorporates plenty of cooling options, a soft-touch rubberized exterior, ton of interior space and many other features for gamers and enthusiasts alike.

See the full review where: BitFenix Shinobi XL Full Tower Case Review
I believe that your video reviews are one of the best reviews on the web! Frankly!

May I ask you some questions about the camera model, and 360' spin technique you use?