Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 16, 2012, 04:04 AM
Banned

Default Thoughts on possibly moving up in case size

So I got what you see in my signature & feel with 2 fans in the top & 1 on the bottom for intake its not gettin good airflow.

Was thinking of moving to a more full atx tower like a shinobi or storm snyper .... would this be better or worst then what I got?

thanks
Old August 16, 2012, 04:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I had many cases before picking up my HAF-922 and no other cases has air circulation like it, not to mention they are quiet since the fans dont need to run full bore. I also dont have to haul a full tower around when going to LANs.
Old August 16, 2012, 06:00 AM
Banned

Yeah I want the ability to have both air & water as options but the reality is some of these cases dont have the spacing/mounting aspect for both ..
Old August 16, 2012, 08:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you've got the room on your desk there's no going back from a full sized case once you've done a build in one. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old August 16, 2012, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
If you've got the room on your desk there's no going back from a full sized case once you've done a build in one. :)
Well I have 1 of those el cheapo modular throw it together 3 level corner desk jobbies & my current case sits on the base level of it. But about 2 ft from it I have a larger heavy duty desk that is kinda covered in clutter. So i was thinking IF i could push them closer together I could place the full tower on it.

My only concern then is the being 3 ft off of the floor losing a C or 2 in temps vs how its almost on the floor now.
Old August 16, 2012, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My theory on cases after how many I've gone through is this. INVEST in a large case that can handle what you think you might put in there in the future. If you're on air and think you might do WCing, make sure the case will handle it. I went from a small no name case, to a small Lian Li, to another mid sized case, a HAF932, and then finally my Mountain Mods U2-UFO. I would have saved so much money by just buying that first.

There are a lot of case options, take a night to sit down and read reviews. This is one thing that is almost all personal taste. For example, there is no doubt the HAF series are great cases for air and water, but a lot of people can't stand the looks. Find something you'll be happy to see on your desk and that will fit your stuff in the future.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old August 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Carefull if you go too big however...

I decided to go smaller after finding a family of illegal refugees after not cleaning my case for 2 months once.
Old August 16, 2012, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
My theory on cases after how many I've gone through is this. INVEST in a large case that can handle what you think you might put in there in the future. If you're on air and think you might do WCing, make sure the case will handle it. I went from a small no name case, to a small Lian Li, to another mid sized case, a HAF932, and then finally my Mountain Mods U2-UFO. I would have saved so much money by just buying that first.

There are a lot of case options, take a night to sit down and read reviews. This is one thing that is almost all personal taste. For example, there is no doubt the HAF series are great cases for air and water, but a lot of people can't stand the looks. Find something you'll be happy to see on your desk and that will fit your stuff in the future.
Well, lookin at something along the lines of a Shinobi XL windowed or the CM Storm Snyper even though I am kinda not to crazy about the black n white thing to give ya a idea of where im goin/thinkin in the future.

Then there's the other fact of what kinda resell value am i gotta get on my 690 II advanced to recoupe some of that cost.
Old August 16, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
Well, lookin at something along the lines of a Shinobi XL windowed or the CM Storm Snyper even though I am kinda not to crazy about the black n white thing to give ya a idea of where im goin/thinkin in the future.

Then there's the other fact of what kinda resell value am i gotta get on my 690 II advanced to recoupe some of that cost.
I love the Shinobi XL Windowed I own 2 of them white and black and they are great for pretty much anything, one is all air cooled and runs super cold where the other is on Water and runs great as well. lots of modding fun can be had with them to as well as the cable management is not half bad with them :)
Old August 16, 2012, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Having a case with a lot of fans may be one thing,but consider the noise factor as well. I have a case with one 140mm intake fan,and one push pull fan configuration on my CPU cooler that exhausts through the rear. That's it. During lengthy gaming sessions, [5 to 6 hours] my CPU temps have yet to exceed 61c and my Video cards have never hit over 80c. If you have good air flow from front to rear,and a couple of quiet fans that move a lot of air,that may be all you really need.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5