Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2012, 10:32 AM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
I have the exact same case... grab some extra fans, there is plenty of room for them
(can put 2 in bottom 2 140's in the side and an extra 140 1 on top)

get low noise fans if it's an issue (my loudest fan is on my PSU :( )

When you decide to start a water loop then look at other cases (though the 690 will take a small loop)
Small loop?! The 690 II Advanced will take a 240mm rad in top AND a 240mm rad in the bottom! That's not too shabby for a mid-tower.

Example:
Extreme Water Cooling in the 690 II Advance Black and White | Blog CMHD

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support
Old August 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic-CM View Post
Small loop?! The 690 II Advanced will take a 240mm rad in top AND a 240mm rad in the bottom! That's not too shabby for a mid-tower.

Example:
Yeah that case is par for the course excellent in its versitility. Have built a few systems for people in it now, though I wish for colour scemes you didn't go with such a vibrant Green for the Nvidia Editions. Big time deal breaker for myself and many peeps.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And you should offer a windowed version. I had to pay $30 and get my brother to bring it up from the US in order to get a windowed side panel for my 690IIA...

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old August 24, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic-CM View Post

Example:
Yes a small loop.. it compromises the case too much otherwise..
Much less hdd space, tight fit for psu next to the bottom rad, res and pump make having 2 optical drives impossible (some people still need them)

All this makes the case suitable for a SMALL loop.. If you want/need a bigger loop you'll probably need the extra space for a larger PSU and multiple ssds & HDD's anyway..

Mabe I should have said suitable for rather than capable of.. But still I wouldn't dream of advising anyone of using it for anything but a small loop.
Old August 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
And you should offer a windowed version. I had to pay $30 and get my brother to bring it up from the US in order to get a windowed side panel for my 690IIA...
AMEN, I competely forget about that part too GBA,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 26, 2012, 08:12 PM
Top Prospect

The 690 II Advanced is a nice entry case for water cooling. With a bit of modding you can get a 120.3 30mm and 120.2 60mm radiator. If you want to get a couple full size radiators, then the HAF X or NZXT 810 will be ok.

If you have coin and want a proper water cooling case then, something like Case Labs will do.