LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 16, 2012, 04:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I would say either the BitFenix Shinobi XL Windowed or the NZXT Switch 810
Old August 17, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Greetings from your friendly neighborhood Spid....um... CM rep. Leading from a few full-tower suggestions. I would advise that you get the CM Storm Trooper or CM Storm Stryker. These would present you many different configuration options for airflow or watercooling or both. The interior hard drive cages and associated panels can all be moved, removed, or rotated. It also has two steel carrying handles up top to make carrying it much easier.

CM Storm Stryker

CM Storm Trooper

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support
Old August 17, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the Storm Trooper and am happy with it. I like the way you can move the hard drive cages and the amount of fan.locations. There is a very good screw/attachment kit that comes with it and it is fairly roomy. I
I really like the carrying handle, it is easy to move around even when loaded up. Mr.CM, is the Stryker just a bit wider?
Old August 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I have the Storm Trooper and am happy with it. I like the way you can move the hard drive cages and the amount of fan.locations. There is a very good screw/attachment kit that comes with it and it is fairly roomy. I
I really like the carrying handle, it is easy to move around even when loaded up. Mr.CM, is the Stryker just a bit wider?
It's wider, has a large windowed side panel, and carries the white theme through fans and all.

Edit: I forgot to comment on the other part. I agree with you on the Trooper's flexibility. It has been one of my favorite cases to work in to date. This also includes the cases I owned prior to working here.

CM FAQ, Live Support
Old August 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
Was thinking of moving to a more full atx tower like a shinobi or storm snyper
I would take it complete open air on one of those open air tech stations like from High Speed PC
Old August 17, 2012, 06:02 PM
NCIX System Builder

My System Specs

The handles are steel on the Trooper/Stryker's?!? I always thought they were plastic, now I don't have to be super cautious about the handle snapping

For a more simple look, I would get the HAF 932, that thing is magnificent, one of my all time favourites for system builds.

Super simple to build, fantastic airflow, and can house a lot of potential!

Besides that, if you wish to go watercooling, that thing is made for it .
Old August 17, 2012, 06:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@NCIX View Post
The handles are steel on the Trooper/Stryker's?!? I always thought they were plastic, now I don't have to be super cautious about the handle snapping

For a more simple look, I would get the HAF 932, that thing is magnificent, one of my all time favourites for system builds.

Super simple to build, fantastic airflow, and can house a lot of potential!

Besides that, if you wish to go watercooling, that thing is made for it .
CM has actually done a dam good job of making Some types of cases portable. I loved my scout.
That handle is solid,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 20, 2012, 11:12 AM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
CM has actually done a dam good job of making Some types of cases portable. I loved my scout.
That handle is solid,

-ST
It's basically the same idea on the Trooper. The Trooper/Stryker has two handles on top that are made of steel and bolted directly to the frame. They simply have a plastic cover for aesthetic purposes.

The Trooper/Stryker are made for watercooling also.

Here is an example build in the Stryker that we partnered with Swiftech to put together. It houses the following:

2 x 240mm Rads
1 x 360mm Rad
I made a very slight half circle cut in the top fan are to make it easier to access the fill port on the combination radiator/pump/res that we used. You are unlikely to need this cut, but I did it for show purposes. Everything else in the case is stock. We used 3rd party brackets available from performance-pcs.com and likely other shops to vertically mount the 360mm rad.

Stryker – Extreme Watercooling Potential: Work Log | Blog CMHD

If you don't want to lose all of your 5.25" bays, you can use a 240mm rad vertically and end up with 3 total 240mm rads internally.

CM FAQ, Live Support
Old August 20, 2012, 11:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have the exact same case... grab some extra fans, there is plenty of room for them
(can put 2 in bottom 2 140's in the side and an extra 140 1 on top)

get low noise fans if it's an issue (my loudest fan is on my PSU :( )

When you decide to start a water loop then look at other cases (though the 690 will take a small loop)
Old August 24, 2012, 09:07 AM
Banned

You know .... the hardest thing about this is they BOTH are very close in not just price but also flexability ...... its honestly hard to choose between the cm & the shinobi .... like i like the exterior style n handle on the cm .. though i think it would be sharp if it was all black ...... at the same time the bitfenix has that clean simple exterier look with the apeal of running 2 large 200+mm fans inplace of abunch of 120 mm ones ...