Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2012, 10:49 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Check out the video. ;)

There are additional SSD mounting options.....but that's about it.
Old July 30, 2012, 09:32 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirerogue View Post
i like the new video reviews. they seem to be missing something. not sure exactly what it is.
Haha, I'll try to convince my gf to shoot a video with me one day, we'll see what comes out of it! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
I really really love what you did with the video Dimitri where you show off the "transparent effect" on the side panel with window. Great review as always.

And is this different from the Special Edition Gunmetal version?
Thanks! I like the transparent effect as well! Shows off the inside and the outside at the same time, minimizes the overall time span of the video and is really practical! The Gunmetal version is identical to this one, except the outside coating!
Old July 30, 2012, 09:49 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Another quality review dimitry.. I asked this on the youtube video comments too, and will ask here as well.. Why do you have to remove the walls mount a rad up top? Numerous people who bought this chassis have no issues mounting the rad without removing those walls..

NZXT Switch 810 Case Review Comment Thread .. Here's a post from XNine and myself stating that the walls don't need to be removed. Would like to see some feedback from you as why you think so..

Apart from that, it's a nice case..
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Those wanting to mount a 360mm rad inside have a couple of choices with installation!

One, is to remove the side walls so the rad + fans can be fitted from the side (the default option as stated in the manual), or the second option is to remove the top portion of the case completely, install the rad + fans and reinstall the top portion of the case (This option I was not aware of, and thus did not mention in the review).

I presume the 360mm rad without fans can be fitted without the need to remove the side walls, but in this case you loose the 3rd fan on the radiator.

Unfortunatly i do not have a 360mm rad to test with, so my feedback regarding this was based on observation and the manual sent from NZXT.

Thanks for pointing that out, hope it has been helpful!
Old August 1, 2012, 01:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Aah there he is.. :p .. Thanks for clearing that out Dimitry and glad to assist.. The positive feedback you deserve, no thanks needed :)
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old August 8, 2012, 07:57 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitry49 View Post
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Those wanting to mount a 360mm rad inside have a couple of choices with installation!

One, is to remove the side walls so the rad + fans can be fitted from the side (the default option as stated in the manual), or the second option is to remove the top portion of the case completely, install the rad + fans and reinstall the top portion of the case (This option I was not aware of, and thus did not mention in the review).

I presume the 360mm rad without fans can be fitted without the need to remove the side walls, but in this case you loose the 3rd fan on the radiator.

Unfortunatly i do not have a 360mm rad to test with, so my feedback regarding this was based on observation and the manual sent from NZXT.

Thanks for pointing that out, hope it has been helpful!
I just slid my 360 rad into the top without removing anything. You will need to move your Optical Drive if you want to do push/pull fans and place it in a different 5.25 bay, but push pull are really only needed for extremely thick rads.