Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Deciding on the Perfect Case (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/55415-deciding-perfect-case.html)

gutrenchladd July 11, 2012 03:22 AM

Deciding on the Perfect Case

Well im sure you guys see a million of these butt ive tried for a long time and i could just use a little help with some leg work.
im looking for a good solid case... and i mean GOOD case. I want Very good build quality like fractal designs quality or better
My initial case choice wound up being the Fractal Designs Define XL. But that case is just a little off from what i want... its a good fall back but i just want something better... heres what im looking for in order of importance.

1.Build Quality (paint finish, Sleeved front cables, attention to detail essentially)

2.Silence (doesnt need to be perfect but i dont want a lot of noise at all... ill be going for an 80+ platinum psu if it gives u an idea)

3.Liquid Cooling Compatability (not sure if like just a corsair closed loop to begin with but i plan on a full gpu and cpu loop eventually.... hopefully with not much modification needed)

4.Size ( roughly the size of a define xl or smaller please.... i dont want a monstrosity.. if anything i want it stealthy and for people to not even know it's there)

5.Key Features (hot swap drives... rotated mobo... whatever... ill consider anything.. i just want things that set apart a good case from a great case)

all cases should please have usb 3.0 and fan filters on most fans.. bottom mounted psu and rubber grommeted cable routing with room in the back for cables... like i said.... the necessary things to make a great case.... i would prefer to stay under $250 and the best deal is what i want...

supaflyx3 July 11, 2012 03:35 AM

This might be what you're looking for.

Entilza July 11, 2012 07:21 AM

I got the 550D very happy with it. The door is a bit hard to open but I honestly never open it...

Pabz0r545 July 11, 2012 07:55 AM

corsair c70

*edit* sorry was in a match of sc2. I built my friend a computer in one of these and I would have to say this is corsair's best designed case. and this is coming from someone who moved from a 650d to a fractal define mini :)

Dzzope July 11, 2012 10:02 AM

corsair 600t white.. love it.. :)

Silent with good cooling limits your options right away.. I think the fractal or the NZXT H2 are good options. Though the H2 may not have the quality your looking for.

Switch 810 may have the quality and water cooling your looking for but is a full tower and not very discreet..

Check em out in the cases section of reviews.

There are plenty more but I'm lazy :P

gutrenchladd July 11, 2012 01:05 PM

wow great suggestions so far... the 550d look promising but a bit plain..i know i know im being picky.. and a little small.. it looks like it might be slightly annoying to build in
the c70 is a solid case but it just isnt quite what i want.
the switch is probably what i will wind up using.. although the no sound dampening foam thing is kinda annoying.. ive red a to of reviews all over the web but first hand experience from people who have tried them ad arent just looking at them is what i really want.

Masteroderus July 11, 2012 01:15 PM

What about the 800D? It technically is usb 3.0 compatible if you buy the $15 upgrade kit, and sata 6 if you buy the other upgrade kit.

EDIT:
I don't own one personally but my noob friend bought one and had me build his computer in it. Easiest and cleanest build ever. I have large hands with big knuckles so most cases cut them up. No problem with the 800d.

The 800D has an Achilles heel; its intake fan. It relies on a single fan (either 140 or 120, can't remember) to pull air into the main chamber, but it has up to 4 exhaust fans in that chamber (1x140, 3x120).

A quick and dirty fix is just to spend 20-30 bucks and buy a really nice fan that stays quiet. I would actually recommend replacing all the stock fans as they're o.k. but not boutique quality; and I think noctua would look great (black and gold).

dandelioneater July 11, 2012 01:54 PM

What about the 650D?

AmuseMe July 11, 2012 02:12 PM

Sent you a visitor message to a case I am selling. Puts all the cases recommended here to shame. You are paying more, but you get what you pay for, and hell, you'll never need a new case again. Includes (((NoiseBlocker))) case fans ($20/ea usually!)

Far from small though...

Funguseater July 11, 2012 02:20 PM

One of my new favorites for client builds is the Bitfenix Shinobi, but I cannot wait for an excuse to order up a Bitfenix Prodigy. The Prodigy is a mITX but can fit in all sorts of cool gear, heres a build that fits in a XS240 Rad system. People are saying that they can fit in an H100 and an H80... but YMMV. I like the white cases, saves a little painting time.

Fungi