Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2012, 10:11 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default Test bench recommendations.

Looking for recommendations on a good test bench for my X79 system, it's too pretty to hide in a case.

Has anyone tried Top Deck Tech Station?

I'm getting kind of sick of my HAF-X, the GPU barely lines up with the doodadder at the back of the case that it screws into.
Old June 20, 2012, 10:13 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I like the Dimastech stations (I have 2) and the Phobya WaCoolT Benchtable. 100x better than that highspeed stuff IMO.
Old June 20, 2012, 10:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yes I have, actually sold mine to a member on here, in-transit to them now. It's great if you want to have access to everything in your computer without the hassle of dealing with going through a tight-spaced case. The only downsides are that it's open so if you have pets/kids they could touch things and make your pc go poof. Another thing I didn't realize until after having/running one, unless you're on water your fans are a lot louder then when in a case, this can get very annoying if the case is anywhere near you.

One thing that's a good/back thing is dust. On the bad side it gets dusty quicker, on the good side you can see this dust quite easily and can blow it off with some compressed air.
Old June 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I like the Dimastech stations (I have 2) and the Phobya WaCoolT Benchtable. 100x better than that highspeed stuff IMO.
Are they available in Canada? I really don't want to have to buy stuff across the boarder unless the company uses a broker like Newegg (I don't want to get a bill from Customs that is more then the value of the item like what happened when I bought some Blue Planet blu-rays).

Just reading your post about it from 2010 right now.
Old June 20, 2012, 10:23 AM

I bought mine directly from andrea in Italy, was pretty cheap and you can get whatever color and customizations you want. He has a new version now called the mini, have a look here at his page on fb - Dimastech Systems Snc | Facebook

Not sure about Canadian distribution
Old June 20, 2012, 10:28 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Yes I have, actually sold mine to a member on here, in-transit to them now. It's great if you want to have access to everything in your computer without the hassle of dealing with going through a tight-spaced case. The only downsides are that it's open so if you have pets/kids they could touch things and make your pc go poof. Another thing I didn't realize until after having/running one, unless you're on water your fans are a lot louder then when in a case, this can get very annoying if the case is anywhere near you.

One thing that's a good/back thing is dust. On the bad side it gets dusty quicker, on the good side you can see this dust quite easily and can blow it off with some compressed air.
I have a wife-in-waiting, but she doesn't like going near my computers so I'm safe on that front. I also trained the cat not to go into my computer room thanks to Nerf Vulcan (link to random youtube video of said toy). I am water cooled other then the GPU (loudest part), for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I bought mine directly from andrea in Italy, was pretty cheap and you can get whatever color and customizations you want. He has a new version now called the mini, have a look here at his page on fb - Dimastech Systems Snc | Facebook

Not sure about Canadian distribution
Had a look at their FB page, some of those look pretty fine. Time to check their website.
Thanks
Old June 20, 2012, 10:30 AM

Mini comes to 120 euros shipped which is $155 total direct from Italy. I believe the regular comes to $185-190 total.

You can order directly from Extreme Cooling Solutions & Technologies and use paypal to pay.
Old June 20, 2012, 10:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurious View Post
I have a wife-in-waiting, but she doesn't like going near my computers so I'm safe on that front. I also trained the cat not to go into my computer room thanks to Nerf Vulcan (link to random youtube video of said toy). I am water cooled other then the GPU (loudest part), for now.
Then you should be all set, you'll just have the dust to deal with, which is really the easiest part of it all. Good luck with your choice and I'd definitely go with whatever Eld is recommending.
Old July 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Maybe consider the Antec Skeleton? No idea how easy it is to work with but looks cool :)