Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   The new FT04/RV04 : monster fail (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/54518-new-ft04-rv04-monster-fail.html)

Evochuck June 5, 2012 06:25 PM

The new FT04/RV04 : monster fail

Check this out:
Computex: SilverStone unveils the Raven RV04 and Fortress FT04 | KitGuru

-Same case, different cheap looking plastics
-Small
-No upward ventilation
-No 90 deg mobo
-No aluminium unibody

All i can think is wtf Silverstone......

lowfat June 5, 2012 06:36 PM

Agreed. The FT04 is very disappointing.

Overclocking.ca June 5, 2012 06:45 PM

Ugh I have to also WTF Silverstone. Those are ugly and a disappointment. I was hoping they would have kept the 90 degree MB.

JD June 5, 2012 07:00 PM

It looks more like a mainstream case to me...

Doesn't have that same class that it used to have. Still at least they are being innovative with their internal layouts. Nobody else has designed anything like this.

They just need to get some European designers to cleanup the Taiwan engineers' technical designs.

SugarJ June 5, 2012 07:12 PM

Ouch, the Raven is fugly on the outside. I don't mind the FT-04 design though, always been fond of BTX style cases.

Evochuck June 5, 2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 632322)
It looks more like a mainstream case to me...

Doesn't have that same class that it used to have. Still at least they are being innovative with their internal layouts. Nobody else has designed anything like this.

They just need to get some European designers to cleanup the Taiwan engineers' technical designs.

I get what your saying but Silverstone and Lian Li were always recognised for having superior quality alluminum cases and now this, oh and i dont know if you saw the case they realeased before this one: SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- RL01
Nothing to do with typical SS designs

SugarJ June 5, 2012 07:26 PM

Wow, I hadn't seen the Redline before. That's sure a departure for them. Going after the budget gamer with that case. Not bad for $65 though.

lowfat June 5, 2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evochuck (Post 632329)
I get what your saying but Silverstone and Lian Li were always recognised for having superior quality alluminum cases and now this, oh and i dont know if you saw the case they realeased before this one: SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- RL01
Nothing to do with typical SS designs

I love how their product photos on their own page show chipped rivets and screws as well as fingerprints. You would think you would make sure everything looks perfect for photos of your products on your own website. :haha:

ilya June 5, 2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 632333)
I love how their product photos on their own page show chipped rivets and screws as well as fingerprints. You would think you would make sure everything looks perfect for photos of your products on your own website. :haha:

I see scuffed/scratched rivets and fingerprints, did I miss something? It could just be the grainy image though.

I blame these bad cases all on Coolermaster. It seems everybody wants to chip in on the CM690/HAF series cash cow. When CM's exclusive OEM deal went away I could've sworn there were at least a dozen CM ripoffs on the market within months.

AmuseMe June 5, 2012 09:29 PM

Since when was SilverStone throwing plastic on eveything?