Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

500r all the way for mid towers. Builds as easy as its big brothers but has much better air cooling, especially for multi gpu setups.
Old May 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default To Shinobi or not Shinobi, that is the question.

Well I think I am going to take the Corsair 550D out of the running. Insider info has lead me to believe its not as impressive as I may have thought. SO, once again for the 10033232th time its down between a Shinobi Window or a Arc MIDI. I just need to see these two cases in person. I am curious about these fan controllers from Bitfenix though. One of my problems if I went with a Shinobi was my mobo only has 3 fan headers for the case, thus not allowing me to put in 5 fans. Whereas, the MIDI I can put 3 on the included fan controller and 2-3 on the motherboard.
The side "window" on the Corsair 550D isnt really a window to me, A window is... well ask Xbournex he's heard me say it a million times, hehe.
I also looked at the R3 and core but they didnt interest me.
Xbournex, do you have any pics of the controllers you could let slip? hehe.

Last edited by ExpendableG4M3R; May 15, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old May 15, 2012, 07:19 PM
Manufacturer Rep

No can do.. Come Thursday around 11am, and everyone will get pictures of it. Facebook will have it too.
Old May 15, 2012, 08:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

+1 on this, it's really an awesome sleek case.

Even though this CM is old, is still a really good case:

Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case Black 4X5.25 6X3.5INT *No PSU* - COOLERMASTER - RC-692A-KKN5
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old May 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well Xbournex I will wait till Thursday and see what Bitfenix can show me. What will be the next major show Bitfenix is going to show off some new products by chance? A part of me thinks there will be a Shinobi Window 2.0 coming soon....and I know you know, hehe!

Guys, some of those cases you are suggesting are great but a bit above my budget. I guess I should've stated I didn't want to spend anymore then $100 and that the Corsair 550D was an expection but after some consideration and feedback from a person or two who said they have seen it in person and were not impressed, I decided not to go with it. I looked at the CM but it just didn't really catch my attention.

I am most likely the pickest person when it comes to PC cases. When I bought my Antec 1200 (which I am selling) I just saw it and said cool, big blue fans, lots of them and its black on the inside, sold! It was the first case of its kind when it came out and I just jumped in. This time I am really doing my homework and want a case I will be at least 90% happy with. This is why the Shinobi and Arc MIDI are my finalists, they both have a lot of features I like but im not 100% with either of them. But we'll see if Bitfenix can "wow" me on Thursday ;)

Maybe I'll apply to Bitfenix for product engineering and I will then have a case I 100% love, lol.
Old May 15, 2012, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
+1 on this, it's really an awesome sleek case.

Even though this CM is old, is still a really good case:

Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case Black 4X5.25 6X3.5INT *No PSU* - COOLERMASTER - RC-692A-KKN5
My current case. :P
Good case if you can get it cheap.. Few things though, PSU air filter is inside the case and a pain to clean (short of turning the case over and vacume.)
Old June 5, 2012, 05:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I picked up a Shinobi core at Memory Express for $49.99. Good solid case for the price!