Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2012, 03:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Cases with 90 degree mobo

Hello,

I want to change my actual case (HAF-X) for one with the 90 degree mobo mounting. I know about silverstone's ones(FT02, RV02 and TJ11), but I'd like to know if there's any other options available.

I really don't like the look of the RV, even through it's for a mod. But for the FT02 and TJ11, is the 400$ difference worth it? Also, the TJ11 is even bigger than my HAF-X, and I would go for something smaller if possible.

Or maybe I should build my case myself. Then I would need some advice or tutorial as I've never done that before ^^'

note: it will be watercooled, so maximum airflow is not a priority.

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2012, 08:06 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

really depends on the hardware you have and what you plan to do with the case...in every review/build log i've seen with the TJ11, the user says the premium they paid for the case was well worth their money because of the potential that the case has for virtually any project. granted, these were high-budget builds so it might not be the case for you if that's not the case (no pun intended).

for a similar price, you could look at caselabs which are pretty much 100% modular and you can customize pretty much every part of your case (including the mobo orientation) :O

as for the 90 degree mobo, i haven't seen too many other manufacturers do this with their cases yet...sorry :(
Old May 12, 2012, 02:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

LoL I had the same reflection few months’ ago and ended up buying the TJ11 it is not bad but don't expect that the case will be full options :) it is very very basic case but all aluminum, removable motherboard, and a lot of space but no tooless 5"1/4 bay or something like that you will be better with the Silverstone Fortress FT02B-W
i think the TJ11 is overpriced
Old May 12, 2012, 08:27 AM

My System Specs

The TJ11 is overpriced and extremely ugly IMO. But the FT02 is a great case. I've been very happy w/ mine so far. The fact that it can hold a 3x180mm radiator is always a plus.
Old June 5, 2012, 06:29 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Im in love with my FT02 as well, other then being very big and spacy, it looks very good, not your teen LED flashing all over the place spaceship good, more like sleek looking good ;)
Exceptional aircooler and watercooler :D